Carnival Glory Cruise Review by ssgmike: First time Carnival cruiser

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Canada & New England Cruises

First time Carnival cruiser

Sail Date: September 2012
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

This was our first time on Carnival after doing some research on the line and ship. The price value was excellent. Since my wife and I like to head north this time of year we said " OK lets give them a try" and to our surprise we were not disappointed.

The ship was really nice, I like the wide isles and the layout of the bars etc. The theatre was beautiful and not condensed with plenty of room. We only saw one show..the rock and roll and it was very good.

The statement was large and not crowded, we liked the idea of the bed being towards the window with the coach etc up front when you walk in. The closet space was huge..a BIG plus. Even the layout of the bathroom was good. Only thing I can recommend for the bathroom is weights on the bottom of the shower curtain.

The entire staff from the cabin people to the matre d' were friendly and very helpful. In all of our years of cruising we never had a matre d' stop at our table each night. Having 2 main dining rooms More for those who eat at a set time and those who do not is a great idea.

An those dancing waiters..the best....

The food was very good,thou the chicken breast was over cooked once or twice.

Entry on the ship was as usual around 30 minutes with no problems. We did have our elderly parents with us, mom was wheel chaired in and off the ship with no issues.

The buffet was alright not too crazy about buffets, there was nothing special in the buffet area, the deserts were fine.

My weakness on board is the art auctions, well they got me again for 4 paintings [ and a couple included ] Our entire house is a Park West gallery.

We had a wonderful tour in Boston and Halifax, well worth it. Sadly it rained all day in Saint John's but we were able to located the mall just as it started raining. Bumped into the center of the Saint John's Mill Rats had no idea that Canada now had a professional NBA team, this is their second year. Bought 2 t-shirts and the center of the team was nice enough to autograph them.

Had fun in the casino which was nicely laid out, won some lost more, but we had fun.

Did not eat at the steak house, the 8 oz steak on the regular menu was cooked very good.

As always the picture guys taking pictures here there and everywhere. Unfortunately my wife and i are suckers for pictures, think we bought half of what they took since they came out so nice. A discount would be nice like other lines. Discounting a photo album is not discounting. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Oceanview Main 2343

Very roomy and well laid out. lots of closet space, bathroom space good Only comments I can make are that in the shower area the curtains can use small weights on the bottom to keep them inside the shower area. and really need to fix the reception on the TV. One of the worst we have ever experienced

Peggy's Cove

(5)
an excellent tour, guide was excellent

City Tour

(5)
it was a wonderful informative tour, the guide was excellent