Ventura Cruise Review by Kayvic

Member Name: Kayvic
Cruise Date: February 2012
Embarkation: Barbados
Cabin Category: JC
See More About: Ventura Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | P&O Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Ventura Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ventura Deck Plans
Fantastic cruise
My husband and I cruised on the Ventura with friends for the second time, and we definitely weren't disappointed. The food and service was just as good as we remembered.

Two weeks before the cruise I fell and broke my ankle and thought I wouldn't be able to go on the cruise because of the flying, but I was lucky enough to have my plaster taken off and an air boot fitted a week before our holiday.

I was not expecting to enjoy the holiday because of my broken ankle, but couldn't have been more wrong. I found all the crew very helpful, and every evening after our meal our waiter would get my wheelchair and wheel me to the lifts, even though my husband and our friends were with me. Some people might think this was because he was expecting a good tip, but we always tip the hardworking waiters and our cabin steward very well.

We noticed one evening that a waiter on the cruise we were on in September was in the same dining room. When we made ourselves known to him he remembered us and asked about the others on our table, there were ten of us that time, and he even remembered some of their names. Each morning at breakfast he would come to look for us and ask how my ankle was. We also saw the same wine waitress who remembered us and was thrilled to see us.

I am surprised to see that some of the critics have said they find the crew bad mannered and unhelpful, but we have always found them to be very good and have had no complaints whatsoever.

Someone said that they thought 4 formal nights was too much, but I would like more, as I love to dress up!! We can't wait for our next cruise, which will be in 2013.

Publication Date: 09/27/12