Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by lovetocruiseohio: What Happened to Royal Caribbean

lovetocruiseohio
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Vision of the Seas Baltic Sea Cruises

What Happened to Royal Caribbean

Sail Date: September 2012
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Copenhagen

We just ended a 7 day RCI cruise on Saturday September 22nd. The ports were wonderful and offered a sampling of northern Europe including Oslo, Amsterdam, Brugge and Le Havre.

The cabin attendant, and evening dining staff were attentive and provided superior service. But that is were the service ended. The overall ship staff just didn't seem to care. There were unusually long waits at guest services, breakfast in dining room took over an hour to receive food, passport review process was a circus, the list goes on and on. No chocolates at turn-down, no amenities for the balcony staterooms, suite amenities were not automatically replenished, no welcome basket for Diamond Crown & Anchor member (they ran out), no robe available until day 3 of the cruise, TV programming didn't work and ran the same shows for 7 days. We had a time change the last night of the cruise. I left a wake up call for the revised time and received the call an hour early. The ship forgot to change More the clock for the wake up calls!

And the best of all was the lack of help by the Exploration desk for the trains from Le Havre to Paris. I asked if they could help us navigate the train schedules and was told no they didn't have any information. When I received the Port Exploration guide for Le Havre it stated the exploration desk could help with train schedules. I again went to the desk to be told that they didn't know who put that in the guide and they didn't know anything about how to navigate the trains to Paris. I then asked Guest Services who controls what is printed and they said the Explorations desk at least that is what they thought. really, if this was my first RCI it would have been my last. Disappointed in Ohio! Less

Read more Vision of the Seas cruise reviews >>