Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by princessliz: Anniversary Cruise

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean Cruises

Anniversary Cruise

Sail Date: September 2012
Embarkation: Galveston

I have always said I was going to write a review and never had...but this time I took notes!

Day 1 - Embarkation - We arrived at 2:00 pm because the last time I cruised - in May - it was super easy to get right on board. This time...not so much. Waited in a very long line for about an hour.

Once we got on board we had time to find our room, unpack what I carried on board and leave for Muster at 3:45. I will say that waaaay too many people wait until 4 to go to muster and we were waiting for quite some time for them to get there and for muster to get underway. It was really really hot. One lady even passed out.

After muster we got ready for dinner. We had "any time dining" again and really liked it! We went to sign up for the art auction on Friday, when you do this early you get a free work of art and raffle tickets. The sign up for the art auction is in a really weird spot though, on the 1st floor behind the glass elevators.

At 5:45 we stopped More by the Blue Iguana Cantina - really a Kiosk - and sampled the evenings dish. Then went to the dining room. We both had the Lasagna and loved it! It was a HUGE portion...way more than you can eat! The spinach artichoke dip was pretty good as well.

At 7:30 we went to the alcohol tasting. The line was really long for a free sample, so we didn't wait. I would imagine if you came back later you would be able to try them though. The prices were pretty good though. If you have a favorite, make sure to bring the price...you could get a good deal!

7:30 was also Karaoke. I am a sucker...but I went first and the sound was terrible...They did get it adjusted and it was pretty fun. After this we just walked around a little and then called it a night!

Day 2 - Day at Sea - This was a very very cloudy day. It was really surreal because it was kind of rainy and it seemed like NO ONE was out. We went to the buffet and no one was there...had a little breakfast - the potatoes were really yum! - then hit the gym. This must be where everyone was since it was raining. It was super crowded. Hubby couldn't get a treadmill so we decided to walk each floor from the 1st floor up. Not sure how far we made it, but it was a good work out!

There were several raffles in the shops that were worth going to. If you had bought liquor they were raffling off I think $50 towards your purchase...we didn't win, but it was fun.

Lunch in the dining room was pretty good. We tried the sushi, veggie enchiladas and speghetti... it was all pretty good. We also used our free drink coupon for being a past guest.

The Art Auction was fun. It didn't actually start until 1:45 though. They are pretty skimpy with the champagne now though...don't expect to get more than one glass. If you are really quick you can win some items. I won a free work of art and a coffee mug. We also bought some Charlie Brown prints. Seemed like a pretty good deal, but it's been almost 2 months and have not recieved them yet. They will try to talk you into the appraisals and frames too by the way.

Karaoke in the casino was a pretty good time...I observed and sang and hubby played. After this it was NAP TIME!!! We decided not to go to the formal dinner, but to go to the buffet. The salad was soooo good, fish, chicken and prime rib also. We just didn't feel like dressing up.

Day 3 - Cozumel - Buffet was SUPER crowded this day. We disembarked kind of late, so the dining room might be a good option. As you are disembarking, my reccomendation would be to get to the right side of the ship (I know that's not exactly the right terminology ...lol)and go down as low as possible first.

We had a fantastic day at Mr. Sanchos. We have been going there since 2003 and it is a great beach! They have an all inclusive deal as well. I can't say enough good about them...check them out yourselves! www.mrsanchos.com

We got back on the ship a little early to avoid the crowd and took a little nap. Dinner in the dining room was okay...nothing to write about. Hubby wasn't feeling good, so I was alone. The karaoke DJ was honestly terrible. She wasn't the same one we had in May, so I'm guessing they go through them pretty quickly and it's just not hard to get that job. Sorry...she was nice, just not good. But I did still have fun!!! Later I danced while the band at the casino area played. That was a lot of fun...lots of people dancing! The Mexican buffet Saturday night was really really yummy...the best we have ever had...we really enjoyed it!

Day 4 - Last Day at Sea - Breakfast in the Lido and pretty much movies in the room all day...lol Sometimes when you travel without your 3 year old that's all you want to do!!! That evening we walked around quite a bit and had dinner in the dining room. Enjoyed visiting with the table next to us about the "double rainbow" they had seen. If you have never watched that youtube video and song...you should! Hilarious! Then we sang a little more karaoke before calling it a night. I had to work the next day.

Disembarkment - Kuddos to Carnival...this was super easy and we were off the ship pretty quick to our car and on the way home.

Overall...I would do this cruise every time they offered it if I could get off work that much! Contemplating going in January and already booked for May! It's an older ship, but it's still a ship...a vacation...a getaway!!! I know it's not 5 star, but honestly...I don't pay for 5 star! It's a great fun relaxing weekend away. If you are disappointed in...well, I bet you are easily disappointed! lol I just love to get away and for the price, this is great. I made it a point not to gripe about anything too. I should also say this was our first time in an interior (for price alone we did this) and we actually loved it! If you are looking for a great short inexpensive getaway...do this cruise! Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>