Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by love my tan: Great time for 2 Best Friends

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

Great time for 2 Best Friends

Sail Date: September 2012
Destination: Bahamas

We are two mature energetic ladies who have been best friends for 26 years. We took this cruise because of the price and the itinerary of The Bahamas. I am a Platinum member of Princess Cruise Lines so I was hesitant of this ship after reading the reviews. We booked this cruise so inexpensive through Hotwire and were given free soda packages and wine. I have never cruised so cheap. If you are coming just to have a great time and will be able to ignore the details you are fine. I did not like freestyle dining. You had to wait to be seated while they stared at the chart while the dining room was half empty. Service was terrible in the Crossroads restaurant. We were ready to leave after being ignored for 25 minutes. Palace was better but only one server per table. Catherine was wonderful. We did not meet our room steward until the last day of the cruise. Room service was ordered twice, the second time it didn't come and when re-ordered there was no milk or spoons for the cereal. Staff More except for the cruise director and entertainment staff barely spoke to you. At the end of the cruise you had to go downstairs and get your own luggage tags and instructions. We were told the wrong information several times.
I can't stress enough though the fun we had. We booked an inside room 8145 and it was plenty sufficient for our needs. We had two twin beds.
Our ports were Freeport, Nassau and Great Stirrup Cay. In Freeport we went to Our Lucaya to the beach, casino and shopping. Nassau we took a tour from the dock and the guide took us all around Nassau plus I wanted to check out some hotels for our trip in Feb. We went to Junkaroo Beach and Atlantis. I plan to stay the week in Atlantis in Feb. Great Stirrup Cay was wonderful while we went Parasailing. The crew was wonderful and gave us a great experience.
All and all I would take a cheap trip on Norweigan again but not a long cruise like I do with Princess. They need to take lessons on how to treat customers.
There were no production shows on this cruise.
One thing we didn't like was we couldnt understand the excursion director on television at all. The young girl at the excursion desk gave us the wrong information regarding the hop on hop off tour bus for Miami. Other older lady was wonderful. Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>