“Fantastic Solstice Wonderful Cruise”
Cruise review of Celebrity Solstice

Chameleon Celebrity Solstice 5 Fantastic Solstice Wonderful Cruise
Chameleon
Member Since 2007
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We have been on 19 cruise and this was our second time on Solstice and our 6th Celebrity cruise. We decided to spend 2 days prior to the cruise at the Hotel Silken Las Rambla. The two days at the hotel gave us time to get into 'holiday mode' and we were able to enjoy the delights that Barcelona has to offer. Embarkation was smooth and we were soon able to get our cabin in order. This time I had booked cabin 7354, it was starboard aft and had a slightly larger balcony thanks to it's irregular shape.The cabin was fine but on reflection I think I would have chosen the next floor up for a slightly better position. Having said that, the starboard side for this cruise was great! The stateroom and his attendant were excellent. The food both in the Oceanview Cafe and Main Dining Room was of excellent quality. We were on the Constellation at Christmas and I have to say that the food on the Solstice was by far superior. I think that the food had improved in quality and the service we received in the restaurant was wonderful. The 'brunch' buffet was amazing and was well worth attending even if you didn't eat anything! We are now Elite members with Celebrity so we were invited to a special social hour each evening at 'Michael's Club'.This was very well presented and gave us an opportunity to meet fellow cruisers over a pre dinner drink.We also attended another couple of 'Captains Club' events that were very enjoyable. The entertainment on the ship was good and this was definitely helped by the fact they had a brilliant cruise director called Alehanjdro from Argentina. He had lots of energy and really helped the ship 'rock'! The ports of call were great and we enjoyed getting off the ship and exploring, particulary Dubrovnik, Montenegro, Venice and Valletta. Our son who is 17 also travelled with us and thoroughly enjoyed the cruise too and met a good group of friends. I would definitely book another cruise aboard this friendly ship!
Celebrity Solstice Cruises to the Western Mediterranean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Veranda

1B7354
7354 has the bed by the balcony doors. There is adequate closet space if you use the overhead cupboards over the bed. We found that coffee table is best placed in the corner of the room by the balcony door.The balcony has a small irregular shape so it is slight larger than the normal outside balcony. You do not have a view aft but can see forward. I think that the balcony above may be a slightly better position.
Published 09/24/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Solstice Review
Celebrity Solstice Cruises to the Western Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?