Golden Princess Cruise Review by Colleen.Pilgrim@gmail.com

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Golden Princess Cruise Review by Colleen.Pilgrim@gmail.com
Golden Princess
Golden Princess
Member Name: Colleen.Pilgrim@gmail.com
Cruise Date: September 2012
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: BA
Cabin Number: C614
See More About: Golden Princess Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Cruise to Alaska with my Elderly Parents
This cruise was to fill my parent's bucket list and I feel it did just that!!! We started our trip with a couple of days in Seattle, WA sight seeing. My parents are elderly and have a little trouble getting around so we decided at the last minute to rent a van to make it easier to park and not walk up the steep hills.

Our cruise day started with our trip to the pier for our 12pm assigned embarkation time. )Princess Cruise has a set time for embarkation and debarkation, they have this down to a science and that really made things go smoothly.) The porters at the pier were hard to find, but once we got one to help, we were escorted to the check in line and were on the ship in about 30 minutes. Our rooms were ready when we boarded which was a 1st for us and lunch was hot and ready also....the buffet lines were a bit crowded at 1st but there were people there to help us and lead us to a table.

This cruise was everything we expected and more. There were so many activities we just couldn't get everything in. My parents wore themselves out having fun and enjoying the scenery! The Naturalist on board we great and we learned so much about the vast land of Alaska.

My husband and I had heard horror stories about all the elderly people on Alaska cruises and that nothing was open after 9pm and there was no nightlife....WELL we just didn't find this to be true on our Alaska Cruise with the Golden Princess...there were people of all ages and walks of life...all the passengers were as friendly as could be, the staff was GREAT and most bars were open until about 12am-2am. There was one bar opened all night and food....we had awesome pizza, sandwiches and dessert available 24x7.

Excursions, we booked through an independent online, next time I would find something as we arrive at the pier.

The only thing negative I can honestly say is the buffet food on the Golden Princess was always the same....on other cruise lines we found a variety daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner....with the Golden Princess the food for each meal was the same every day. And my Dad said food was a bit bland, like they were cooking for "old" people.

But all in all, we would recommend cruising on the Golden Princess!!!

Publication Date: 09/24/12