Carnival Pride Cruise Review by kcruise0504: Sept 16 2012 to Sept 23 2012

Sept 16 2012 to Sept 23 2012

Sail Date: September 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

My husband and I sailed on the pride sept 16 to sept 23 and had a great time. We choose this cruise to because the port was within driving distance, and we saved money on airfare. We drove to baltimore, and stayed at the BW using their Park and Cruise offer.

The ship itself was nice. I did not mind the decor. A good mix of people on board. The service on this ship was much better than we've had with carnival in the past. I enjoyed that the serenity area has a pool (some ships just have whirlpools) and we never had issues finding chairs. We did get asked about drinks A LOT when we were in the pool areas (at one point, they asked us while we still had more than half our drink left, and asked us if we would be ready in about 20 mins, we laughed and said yea in 20 mins...then they asked us for our sail and sign...ha!). But it was very difficult to get service in the MDR or steakhouse..it seemed like they were being spread too thin. I really enjoyed the broadway 2.0 show...its put More together by 6 or 7 of the dancers...you could tell they were really proud of it. Apparently this is something just this group does on this ship. The food was ok. I normally can't stand the food on the lido deck (for bfast and lunch) but this time it wasn't bad.

I liked the ports. We stopped at Port Canaveral, FL and taxi'd to Cocoa beach. Not the nicest beach, but way better than lake erie. We walked around after we were done swimming...stopped in ron jons...then went to "Shark Pit" for lunch (very very good!). I heard bad things about the excurision to disney world...I guess they only gave them 5 hours at the park (we were there 7am-6pm). In Nassau (11a-8p), we taxi'd to the Sheraton resort. They have a very nice pool/beach area that you can purchase a day pass to for 25 per person. Its on cable beach. I think it was worth the money, but we got scammed on the drinks. Ordered a couple of margaritas (that I'm convinced didn't have a drop of alcohol in them) that were $9 for a small cup. Then headed to senor frogs on our way back to the ship, that is always a good time. We did not get off the ship in freeport, mostly because we were only there 7a-1p...and we didn't wake up till 11.

This is the first time we stayed in an interior room. We didn't mind it. But you can sleep all day if you don't set an alarm, for sure. We missed not having the couch (we normally use the drawers under the couch for dirty clothes) so we had to get a little creative, but we kept the room organized and it was ok. We did the pack n go offer, and ended up on the 7th deck. Nice because nothing above or below you except rooms. The price was unbeatable.

We have been to other steak houses but i did not like this one, and the filet mignon was better in the MDR. I would not recommend.

Visited the spa for the first time. Very overpriced, but my husband got it for me as an anniversary gift. They did try to push their products afterwards, which I hate. Last thing you want after spending a shit load of money trying to relax is someone pressuring you spend more. I had to give a couple very assertive no thank yous.

Overall, we had a great time. And it was very much worth the money. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Interior Verandah 7319

Quiet location. Cabins above and below. Easy walk up the stairs to pools, buffet. Easy walk down the stairs to MDR, casino. Only had small chair and small table, no couch. Close to elevators.