Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by lrheault32

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by lrheault32
Allure of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Member Name: lrheault32
Cruise Date: September 2012
Cabin Category: Q

RCCL Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Sept 16th - 23rd
This cruise was off to a bad start when a 21 year old girl "fell" overboard and the search for her was unsuccessful. My wife and I cruised with another couple, and we had reservations for the late night comedy show (which was absolutely hysterical). The show, however, was interrupted by the Captain's intercom on several occasions. Unbeknownst to us, they were searching for a 21 year old girl, even repeating her name a few times which I believe was Ariel. I remember the next morning at 7:30am, the wife and I were JUST about to set foot on the elevator when the announcement came that we were not docking at Nassau, Bahamas and that a girl had indeed fallen overboard. It was quite the ominous feeling and one couldn't help but feel deep pitted remorse for the family and situation.

With all that aside, this was my 4th cruise, 2 times on Liberty, 1 time on Oasis, and this time was Allure of the Seas. I must say the biggest difference between the ships is the quality of friendliness and "laidbackness" between crew and guests. I feel there are a lot of rude crew members on Oasis and Allure whom simply have no regard for engaging in conversation, being friendly, or any sort of professionalism. This did not apply to our Head and Assistant Waiter staff (Hera and Ramonchito Ermita), as well as our Stateroom Attendant Joselito.

We saw the following shows: Comedy, OceanAria, Blue Planet. We skipped Chicago and another show. I was very impressed by the 2 comedians for comedy, and I've seen OceanAria before so that's ALWAYS a good catch. Blue Planet, however, seemed amateur at best. It just wasn't too impressive in my opinion.

Overall I'd give THIS cruise a 4 out of 5 stars. I did not enjoy the last 2 days of my cruise as much as I could have, as I was one of SEVERAL that I saw who got injured in some form or fashion. We played lots of trivia and sports - we're quite active on the ship and involved in lots of activities.

Also, the night time "Finish The Lyric" game show was completely ruined by several drunk women and virtually the entire audience who insisted on completing the contestants' lyrics when they were supposed to remain silent. This happened about 10 times or more during a half hour game show.

I still have had the best time on the Liberty, and I may suggest searching for a cruise on that ship despite knowing that the crew and staff is in constant rotation. Allan Brooks and Richard Spacey are the 2 BEST cruise directors to date. Allan Brooks is currently aboard the Allure, and Richard is on a smaller class ship with RCCL.

Publication Date: 09/24/12