Allure of the Seas 4

“RCCL Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Sept 16th - 23rd”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas

lrheault32
Member Since 2012

Overall Member Rating

This cruise was off to a bad start when a 21 year old girl "fell" overboard and the search for her was unsuccessful. My wife and I cruised with another couple, and we had reservations for the late night comedy show (which was absolutely hysterical). The show, however, was interrupted by the Captain's intercom on several occasions. Unbeknownst to us, they were searching for a 21 year old girl, even repeating her name a few times which I believe was Ariel. I remember the next morning at 7:30am, the wife and I were JUST about to set foot on the elevator when the announcement came that we were not docking at Nassau, Bahamas and that a girl had indeed fallen overboard. It was quite the ominous feeling and one couldn't help but feel deep pitted remorse for the family and situation.

With all that aside, this was my 4th cruise, 2 times on Liberty, 1 time on Oasis, and this time was Allure of the Seas. I must say the biggest difference between the ships is the quality of More friendliness and "laidbackness" between crew and guests. I feel there are a lot of rude crew members on Oasis and Allure whom simply have no regard for engaging in conversation, being friendly, or any sort of professionalism. This did not apply to our Head and Assistant Waiter staff (Hera and Ramonchito Ermita), as well as our Stateroom Attendant Joselito.

We saw the following shows: Comedy, OceanAria, Blue Planet. We skipped Chicago and another show. I was very impressed by the 2 comedians for comedy, and I've seen OceanAria before so that's ALWAYS a good catch. Blue Planet, however, seemed amateur at best. It just wasn't too impressive in my opinion.

Overall I'd give THIS cruise a 4 out of 5 stars. I did not enjoy the last 2 days of my cruise as much as I could have, as I was one of SEVERAL that I saw who got injured in some form or fashion. We played lots of trivia and sports - we're quite active on the ship and involved in lots of activities.

Also, the night time "Finish The Lyric" game show was completely ruined by several drunk women and virtually the entire audience who insisted on completing the contestants' lyrics when they were supposed to remain silent. This happened about 10 times or more during a half hour game show.

I still have had the best time on the Liberty, and I may suggest searching for a cruise on that ship despite knowing that the crew and staff is in constant rotation. Allan Brooks and Richard Spacey are the 2 BEST cruise directors to date. Allan Brooks is currently aboard the Allure, and Richard is on a smaller class ship with RCCL. Less

Allure of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: September 2012
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Smaller Interior Stateroom

Q8553
Room 8553 - basic inside stateroom. We've booked large balconies on cruises before but found that it was a waste of money for us because we are literally NEVER in the room, always doing some sort of activity or show, or EATING! Inside stateroom had couch, queen size bed, basic shower, flat screen TV... nothing out of the ordinary that you would expect from a cruise ship.

Since we live in Florida, we're not really big "port cruisers" with regard to the Caribbean as everything is already tropical and touristy. We got off the ship and took some pictures the scenery for about half an hour.

Since we live in Florida, we're not really big "port cruisers" with regard to the Caribbean as everything is already tropical and touristy. We got off the ship and took some pictures of iguanas and scenery for about half an hour.
Read 3390 St. Thomas Reviews

Published 09/24/12

Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review

Allure of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?