Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by lucciano

Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Our First Cruise
Our first cruise.I have been meaning to write this but I have just been putting it off.No bad reason I guess talking about the cruise just makes us miss it that much more.Well let me get started.

We drove down to Charleston SC from NC it took us about 5 hours a little more or less.We did stop over at the south of the boarder.If you have never been there Its a must stop.We spent the night in Charleston SC and hated it.The hotel we stayed at was so far from downtown that there was no way to get to anything unless you wanted to get in the famous Charleston downtown traffic.So we just sat in our hotel room ordered a pizza and dreamed about the upcoming cruise.

The morning of the cruise we arrived before 11 which I had saw on the boards that you could ...well we got turned away so we finally got to see downtown Charleston and which I really enjoyed I got all my pictures in and even had enough time to check out some museum's. Time to embark.I must say it went really quick.Yes there will be a line of cars but the line will move pretty quickly.Once inside you give them your paper work and after a quick picture you are on your way on board.Once onboard we were in awe!! Being this was our first cruise we thought this was the biggest ship we had ever seen.Well to us it was...until...I must say fantasy may be little but she packs a big punch.I would sail her again.Only complaint I have about our entire cruise was freeport.Freeport is a wasted stop..why want they just stop at half moon cay.It is a deserted island that they have forgotten people is there.So don't waste your time or money getting off in Freeport.Wait till you get to Nassau its worth it. We did Atlantis but do not go through Carnival we did and the tour sucked ,Just catch a cab for 4 bucks and pay to enter Atlantis there is a free beach there and you get all the views of Atlantis.Food on the ship is amazing!!! The one thing I miss the most.Our room steward was wonderful.I enjoyed our first cruise so much I am now a travel agent and working under (cruise brothers) We have already booked our next carnival cruise this time carnival glory 2013 heading back to The Bahamas. Hope this helps anyone if you have any questions inbox me!! Oh and once you get to Nassau or Freeport and see Carnival fantasy beside the other ships ...it want seem so big after all it looked like a little tug boat next to the glory and other ships in port.Happy Sailing!!

Publication Date: 09/24/12