“Carnival . . . . Make your own mind up ! ”
Cruise review of Carnival Destiny

ticktoneer Carnival Destiny 3 Carnival . . . . Make your own mind up !
ticktoneer
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was our first cruise with Carnival and will be our last. This cruise line and this ship is not for us. Destiny Overall - smelly, not very clean, in a bad state of repair and garish decor Destiny Staff - were efficient apart from in the dining room, but nearly all were not very friendly and often made you feel like you were a hinderance. Destiny Food - pretty bad in the buffet with not much choice. Main dining room food quite good with a nice choice but meals were often cold when served. Room service was very good. Destiny Entertainment - really poor. Not a very full daytime programme and only 2 shows during the 5 nights in the theatre. There wasn't really a lot to do or see, or keep you entertained. The entertainment staff seemed like they tried every other cruise line to work but weren't good enough so they thought they'd try their luck with Carnival !!! Destiny Ocean Suite - not bad. Very dark and dingy but this was just like the rest of the ship due to its ago. Cabin attendant did as little as he could get away with. Carnival Bottomless Bubbles - Great soft drinks package as it included juices as well as fizzy soda Ports - Half Moon Cay was gorgeous and amazing. Grand Turk a disappointment as it was just like a small shopping area within the port I'm sure if I had of been on a newer ship with Carnival with better staff I would have had a slightly more positive experience (or would I ???) so please choose your cruise line AND ship very carefully.
Overall Ratings
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Ocean Suite

Port
I was disappointed by this port. All excursions had sold out and when we asked for a taxi we were told 'Grand Turk' is just really this ready built shopping area next to the ship !!!
Read 1,363 Grand Turk Reviews
Published 09/24/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Destiny Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?