Costa Atlantica Cruise Review by babygoo: Lovely week

Sail Date: September 2012
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

Good points:
The Food was FANTASTIC, I've put on 1/2 stone!
The room was spacious and clean, thanks Gilbert
The staff were very friendly and efficient
The itinerary, of course
The extra inclusive drinks package
Good value for money all round

Bad points:
Our TV didn't work the whole week and no apology
No self service laundry
We didn't like that there was no buffet in the evening, this means that you're stuck with the main dining room unless you want pizza. Also, we requested a table for two but didn't get it, our dining companions were lovely people thank goodness, but say they hadn't been? This would be the only reason that we'd have second thoughts about booking Costa again.
------------------------------------------------------

We chose Costa because of their relaxed smoking policy but then stopped smoking! I think I'm in a position to give an objective view of the situation because I know it's a hot topic. I think that Costa More have got the balance right, there are some smoking tables but it's not horrible for smokers or non smokers. It's certainly not as much as a free for all that I had expected ( and worried about since stopping) Our cabin didn't smell bad and there was only a slight whiff in the corridor on a couple of days. We found travelling with the majority of non English speakers to be a refreshing change,we didn't have to listen to folk whining for the sake of whining! Contrary to what I had read we found our fellow passengers to be gracious and polite. There was no more of a scrum at breakfast on this ship than there was on our other cruises.

We were really sad to leave the Atlantica and would have happily stayed on for another month!

If they changed the dining options I would book again tomorrow

P.s We had a bottle of vodka in our luggage and it was confiscated until the last night. They take the no food and drink policy seriously. Less

Read more Costa Atlantica cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Costa Atlantica Review >>

Cabin review: Costa Atlantica Oceanview Stateroom with Large Verandah I Clowns Deck 7133

Spacious, clean, plenty storage and comfortable chairs on the balcony. EU and USA sockets.

Jerusalem Walking Tour

(4)
The tour guide wasn't very good and the day was a rush because of the distance from the port. I'll have to go back! ;-)

Took the cable car up and then we hiked from Thira to Oia, it was fantastic. It took us just under 3 hours and we stopped for pics a few times, it's up and down so you need good comfy shoes. We took the donkey path back down to the dock, it was very, very, very, slippy, I would not do this again and just queue for the cable car.