Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Dannelle: Carnival. Glory

Overall Member Rating

Carnival. Glory

Sail Date: September 2012
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

We embarked NY for our first cruise with Carnival Cruise Line. Ports were , Halifax, St. Johns, Portland, Boston and back to NY City.

Embarkation Was smooth enough Cabin was clean an ,for me, allergy free. Service was good throughout the cruise in every area. Our few inquiries were met with satisfaction.

Lido food was adequate. Dining room food was several notches higher but good (not excellent).

Entertainment was not as good as Holland America, our favorite line. The nights that we went were pretty bad. Individual artists around the ship ranged from good to boring. The bored and boring pianist performing at the service desk area was like hearing a mono tone reading the telephone directory.

All in all it was a good cruise and I am glad that we went.

I do, however, have harsh criticism for our debarkation experience. We were asked to leave our staterooms and go to a central location. There we waited two hours for our number to debark. With More inadequate places to sit, many had to sit on the floor or stand. Dockside was a disorganized madhouse of people finding their luggage.

We purchased passage on a bus to LaGardia airport. What an absolute madhouse getting on a bus. First there was no one from the ship nor from the bus line organizing any lines or any orderly boarding process. I saw one elderly lady knocked down and hope she was not injured. It was absolutely the worst experience of this kind that I have ever encountered.

I have emphasized our leaving experience because these problems need to be corrected. It really was a good cruising experience. Right up until debarkation. Less

Published 09/24/12

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Canada & New England Cruises

Cabin review: 8C1114 Balcony

Very good cabin. Good view. Clean. Great staff taking care of us all the way.

Read All Balcony (8C) Reviews >>