Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Heppers: 6th RCI cruise and counting ...

Heppers
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Navigator of the Seas Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

6th RCI cruise and counting ...

Sail Date: September 2012
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

We love RCI and have taken 6 cruises with them since 2007; when they no longer satisfy us we will look for an alternative company. This is the second cruise on Navigator and while I agree that she is looking a little worn in places she stands up well to scrutiny. We no longer book outside or balcony cabins, figuring we would rather spend the extra money on our visits.

There were subtle changes this time though, that we feel RCI are making in light of the economic plight we're all in. For example we only got 3 towel animals, no chocolate on the pillow, no ice bucket in the room (available on request). We used to buy the wine packages but didn't think the wine justified the cost so don't bother now but the prices in the bars are expensive. We paid $18.40 for two cans of Fosters, albeit they were litre tins I think. The destinations we visited were Messina, Athens I(got caught in a protest), Kusadasi, Crete. We didn't fancy Turkey so left the ship a little later but were More pleasantly surprised when we finally stepped foot in Turkey. We thought the Parthenon was great but Athens is a dump, sorry if I offend anyone but it really is.

The entertainment was the usual formula; 70s Parade, Ice Show, RCI dancers but this was another area we thought suffered comparing it with previous cruises. The production sets consisted of softly billowing silk curtains whereas on previous cruises they had taken the time to build sets and work a routine around that. This time it was just singing and dancing which gers a little boring after a while.

The staff were really good and we never had any issues with them. We chose the second seating on a table for two but on the first night were seated bext to a Spanish couple and a family of 3 from Brazil. Very nice people, I'm sure but when nobody can understand the other's language it can be very tiresome. We were moved to another table on the .2nd night and made fast friends with Julie and Hannah (mother and daughter) and Joyce and Patricia (travelling companions) . It was my birthday during our holiday and they very kindly bought me a posy of flowers. I know this sounds a little neative, I don't mean it to, I just like to present a balanced view If possible. Less

Read more Navigator of the Seas cruise reviews >>