Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by trvlmil

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by trvlmil
Member Name: trvlmil
Cruise Date: September 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 8K
See More About: Carnival Miracle Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Carnival Miracle
We are sad that the Miracle will be relocating to the West Coast. The Miracle is one of our favorite ships despite the purple grapes and darkness of some of the decor! The ships layout is great, cabins roomy and comfortable and there are many place to sit, relax, read, and people watch throughout the ship.

Boarding process was quick and easy. Enjoyed our buffet lunch in Horatio's and then found some deck chairs and relaxed till we could go to our cabins.

After muster we had a cruise critic meet and greet in the Serenity area. It was nice meeting some fellow cruisers that had been chatting prior to the cruise. There was a moment of silence as we passed the WTC site since it was the 11th anniversary of 9/11.

The first sea day there was a cruise critic meet and greet in the piano bar. Carnival did not send a staff member but it was nice to sit and chat with our fellow cruisers!

Food in Horatio's was good. Maybe a few less choices than usual but we could always find something! We certainly never went hungry!

We enjoyed the Punchliner Brunch, but were only lucky to see one comedian - guess we just didn't hit the timing right.

Punchliner comedy club was excellent - enjoyed the adult only comedy shows. One night family had to sit separately due to arriving late and not being able to find seats together. No big deal - still enjoyed the show.

Made reservations for Nick & Nora's the first night and received a complimentary bottle of wine. We always enjoy Nick & Nora's so much that we made a second reservation. Food and staff is excellent and well worth the $35.00 per person charge.

Had My Time or Your Time or whatever Time they call the dining! LOL Never had to wait for a table at dinner and dining room staff was excellent. Enjoyed it much more than being locked into early or late seating.

Grand Turk: We spent our time at the Margarita ville Pool, and then browsed through some of the jewelry shops.

Half Moon Cay: Reserved a cabana prior to sailing. Well worth it! We had cabana number 8 and it was a perfect location for us. Short walk to the restrooms and food pavilion. Floated on our float mats and enjoyed the beach day. Brought our lunch back to the cabana since we had a lovely dining table, air conditioning, soda, fruit etc. Would definitely rent a cabana again.

Nassau: We've seen the Atlantis and other tourist attractions in Nassau so we just walked along Bay Street browsing in the jewelry shops. Nassau is not a favorite port stop for us - so we returned to the ship and enjoyed the rest of the day on board. Decided not to make any jewelry purchase - will wait till our next cruise which stops at St. Martin. The EFFY Jewelers right at the dock in St Martin is much nicer, friendlier and better deals than what we found in Nassau. With the exception of one store where the salesman was EXCELLENT (he went out of his way to try and find the watch that I wanted) we found that most shops were NOT friendly! Walked into the Fendi store - no one said Good Morning, asked if they could help etc etc - so I walked out after a very short time! And I greeted them on my way in - but they were to busy chatting to respond.

The CD was Cory Rodgers who was very good. We missed Malcolm though - was excited to be sailing with him again. Unfortunately he suffered an injury playing volleyball and left the ship the day we boarded on medical leave.

Shows haven't changed - but we still enjoyed seeing Christopher Alan Graves perform "Singin with the Big Band" Great show if you enjoy Sinatra, Sammy etc.

Upon boarding we went to Guest Services to request that our balcony divider be opened and they accommodated that request within hours. I had read that they no longer open the dividers on the Miracle and was pleasantly surprised that they still did! We have always had the divider opened on previous cruises so I was happy that what I read was wrong!

Played trivia a few times and won the solid gold ship on a stick for the 80's trivia quiz.

The Game Show that they held twice in the Phantom Theatre is pretty lame, compared to the new Hasbro games that are on some of the ships. But it was enjoyable to watch.

Serenity Deck: Did not use except to have a nice quiet breakfast one morning and watch the POD/Chair hoggers and stalkers. We much preferred the adult only area prior to the Serenity changes. There are not enough lounge chairs thanks to the pods and hammock areas. And you could see the disappointment of people thinking they were going to get a place to sit and relax! Honestly I didn't want to sit in a pod - they looked like they would be hot and the idea of sitting in one was not at all appealing to us! We enjoyed the adult only area of the past and did NOT enjoy the Serenity area at all. By the looks on some passengers faces and complaints that I heard while standing at guest services - this area is anything but SERENE! I really wish they had left that area alone and just strictly enforced the no children rule.

The only annoying thing that happened was the day I decided to do a load of laundry none of the dryers in the deck 7 laundrette worked! This involved 3 trips to guest services - refunded the money each time and advised me that maintenance would be fixing the machines and told me to go to deck 6 to use the dryers. This was the only nuisance that occurred the entire trip - however......I would rather be doing laundry on a ship any day than doing laundry at home! So even though it was a major inconvenience at the time - it really wasn't all that bad.

Oh wait - one more annoyance was our next door neighbor who would leave their room service tray by our door! I decided to return it to their immediate door area and I never found another one of their trays by my door again.

In conclusion, we had a great time, wonderful weather, relaxed, and enjoyed ourselves! So sorry the Miracle is leaving - not thrilled with the Splendor coming to NYC. The Miracle is a great ship, wonderful crew and the West Coast will be lucky to have her!

Publication Date: 09/24/12