Carnival Legend Cruise Review by drashba: Carnival Legend - a great vacation
Member Since 2010
Compare Prices on Carnival Legend Western Caribbean Cruises
Carnival Legend - a great vacation
We took the Carbival Legend out of Tampa in May and had a wonderful vacation. We paid extra for the aft cabin with the wrap around balcony and it is very very worth it. We had 270 degree views and never found ourselves fighting for beach chairs on the main decks. Every night we were on the balcony watching the sunset and cracking a bottle of wine with some cheese... Here are our tips when taking this cruise
- On the Legend, if you are lucky enough to stay in a aft corner balcony stateroom, stay away from the 5th deck. Those rooms are significantly smaller than the other floors due to some electrical components.
- The boat is a bit dirty after 10+ years of service but nothing terrible
- Go to the gym any day but the 1st. Seems like everyone gets lazier as the cruise goes on but day 1 is a zoo at the gym.
- Bring a few bottles of wine on board. Will save you a lot of money on board. They are pretty lax with the size and quantity rules. But dont bring a More bottle you could not handle losing if you have a watchful xray user.
- The cave tubing and zip lining in Belize require an hour bus ride along some bad roads. It is like spending 2 hours in a dryer. NOT WORTH IT for a few seconds of fun.. Try a beach excursion instead...
- Roatan is the best island out there. There is a very commercialized beach right next to the dock but I would suggest spending a bit of money to go to one of the private beaches. We found some of the best beaches we have ever seen in Hondurus
- The Caymans are very Americanized. This is the island to go do water sports, dive, scuba, dolphins, etc. You are not missing much on the beach.
- If you have some time in Tampa, stay at the Vinoy Hotel in St Petersburg. Wonderful place with tons to do.. Less
Read more Carnival Legend cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Legend Review >>
Cabin review: Carnival Legend Suite Upper 5266
We loved the aft wrap around balcony - def worth the extra money for 200+ square feet and 270 degree views. 5th floor was smaller than others so go for higher floors if you can
Beautiful ship, fun vacation, ...
Had an awesome time
First cruise experience
Enjoyable time on Carnival Leg...
When all's said and done, it w...
A pleasant vacation