Carnival Legend - a great vacation: Carnival Legend Cruise Review by drashba
Overall Member Rating
Carnival Legend - a great vacation
Destination: Western Caribbean
- On the Legend, if you are lucky enough to stay in a aft corner balcony stateroom, stay away from the 5th deck. Those rooms are significantly smaller than the other floors due to some electrical components.
- The boat is a bit dirty after 10+ years of service but nothing terrible
- Go to the gym any day but the 1st. Seems like everyone gets lazier as the cruise goes on but day 1 is a zoo at the gym.
- Bring a few bottles of wine on board. Will save you a lot of money on board. They are pretty lax with the size and quantity rules. But dont bring a More bottle you could not handle losing if you have a watchful xray user.
- The cave tubing and zip lining in Belize require an hour bus ride along some bad roads. It is like spending 2 hours in a dryer. NOT WORTH IT for a few seconds of fun.. Try a beach excursion instead...
- Roatan is the best island out there. There is a very commercialized beach right next to the dock but I would suggest spending a bit of money to go to one of the private beaches. We found some of the best beaches we have ever seen in Hondurus
- The Caymans are very Americanized. This is the island to go do water sports, dive, scuba, dolphins, etc. You are not missing much on the beach.
- If you have some time in Tampa, stay at the Vinoy Hotel in St Petersburg. Wonderful place with tons to do.. Less