“Mostly good, some areas not up to expectation”
Cruise review of Carnival Miracle

lavonalo Carnival Miracle 4 Mostly good, some areas not up to expectation
lavonalo
Member Since 2006
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We have been on twelve other cruises, first time on Carnival. All in all, our entire cruise was a great time. The food was good, cabin steward for 8126 (Vergilio Moran) was very attentive and helpful; waiter and assistant (Vordon and Pui) in anytime dining were excellent, remembering our personal tastes; and Danielle, a gal of all trades, was excellent and everywhere. Bartender in the Atrium evening, Amii, was a pleasure to meet each night for our nightly Manhattan. Shows were good, entertaining. Ship mostly clean. There were a few issues: LIDO, not open when we wished to pick up a small appetizer or dessert, in the evening. We also often noticed that bussing of tables was lacking. While bussers were busy, there were many uncleaned tables, while others looked for seats. On two mornings from roughly 7 -- 8 a.m., there was no coffee to be had anywhere and lots of passengers (me included)unhappy without their morning jolt. Embarkation and Debarkation: Embarkation was not as smooth as seen with other cruise lines. We were there at roughly 1 -- 1:30 p.m. and that is granted a busy time. It was not just Security, but also slow Carnival lines and reminded me of Disneyland lines. Debarkation was a total mess. We were self-assist and were 'supposed to be first off'with our luggage. Our flight was out of LGA at 12:40, sounded to us easy to do. WOW, not so. We arrived at Phantom Lounge at 8:15 a.m. as requested (what a crowd and massive amounts of luggage), to board transportation to LGA. Finally got off ship about 8:45 only to wait outside for the bus, (arrived at 9:15). After boarding the bus, we were advised the bus would not leave until 10 or 10:30. (that is about two hours+ waiting, before we left the pier). It was at least a 45 min. ride across Manhattan to LGA. Self-assist may have saved Carnival some money, but I believe we waited on the bus (1 hour and 15 mins.) for those passengers who didn't have self-assist. I'm sure some passengers missed their flights -- we made ours with only minutes to spar. LGA is a large airport to navigate. Better organization to this debarkation process is badly needed. I realize our cruise ship was full, and it is afterall NYC, BUT I will NEVER book another cruise from Manhattan pier (I'm a New Yorker), and attempt to get there from an airport.
Carnival Miracle Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Miracle Review
Carnival Miracle Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?