Disney Magic Cruise Review by Joiseymom: Bahama Vacation

Overall Member Rating

Bahama Vacation

Sail Date: August 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

It had been four years since our last family vacation and cruise, and we were so happy to be going back on The Magic. Our kids are 16 and 11. Our daughter was excited to be in the teen club and our son was happy to not have to check in and out of the clubs and have free reign. We had long talks with both kids and they were great with following the rules we set down.

The location of our cabin was great...forward on deck 5, easy to go up or down, and rather quiet, we had a large porthole and split bath. The kids had a blast they were in the clubs having fun with their new freinds. Whenever we bumped into our son he was with a group of girls. We always had dinner together, and sometimes breakfast or lunch. Other then that, they were on their own.

My husband and I got a lot of relaxation done. On our Nassau day, I enjoyed the adult pool, our son the clubs, and my husband and daughter went off the ship in search of free wifi.

Our Castaway Cay day rocked! More Our daughter did her first 5k, and we spent the rest of the day in our Cabana, it was nice and relaxing, the water was great.

The Port Canaveral (WDW day) was long...we wer on the first bus out to MK spent the morning there, had lunch and headed over to Epcot. We did the few things we watbend to do there, had dinner at Mexico (the new outside sit down restaurant - amazing food), and we headed out of the park after doing Soarin. We originally planned to stay to the end, but I was too tired, we caught the 7:30 bus back to the ship.

Pirate night was fun as always, and they moved the food into topsiders (awesome way to do it). You could now see what you were eating...LOL.We had brunch at Palos and dinner, both meals were excellent, especially dinner. The service was excellent also. The sea days at each end of the trip was nice. I really really hope DCL is listening and will comeback to NY again, like very year, and for a longer period of time. Not having to fly to FL was great!

DCL was wonderful again, they know how to do cruising!

My only complaint is the really need to work on the food at the buffet, it was just ok, we did the sit down or quick service most of the time. The restaurants for dinner were good too, not great, but good. Less

Published 09/21/12