Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by pinor1

Member Name: pinor1
Cruise Date: September 2012
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
See More About: Carnival Breeze Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

Carnival Breeze, great ship
Sailed Sept. 7th out of Barcelona on the BREEZE for a 12 day Mediterranean cruise. This is my 3rd Carnival cruise and enjoyed it all over again. Booked my pre cruise hotel and transfers also through Carnival - everything went very smoothly and really easy, Carnival was very organized, as usual. Stayed at the Novotel Barcelona City, nice location, easy to get to places, lots of restaurants, cafes etc. in the area. Very clean hotel, fairly new, great front desk staff, got my room by noon and the hotel was packed. Wonderful breakfast included.

Picked up by Carnival the next day and taken to the ship. Very easy embarkation process, was on the ship within 30 minutes, had lunch at the Lido MarketPlace and by 1:00PM, went to my cabin on Deck 2, forward, and my luggage was already at my door. I was pleasantly surprised that my inside cabin has 2 port holes, so I was really in a ocean view cabin. There were 2 single beds in the cabin, very quiet, had all the space a solo traveller needed.

Cabin steward, Picard, was the best I have ever had on a cruise, always smiling, ready to help and my cabin was always taken care of before noon each day and always turned down while I was at dinner each evening. Wonderful man, from Haiti, I hope everyone could get Picard when they go on a Carnival cruise.

The 2 main dining rooms were spectacular, just like the decor of the entire ship. Very elegant, soft, restful, I call the colors used as light caramel and burgundy. A complete turn around from other Carnival ships. The service in the dining room, I was in the Blush, was excellent. My main server was Rony, he and his assistants really made a solo traveller comfortable. The food in the main dining room was acceptable, the food in the Lido was excellent. All the other areas were so varied and all very good. Pizza, Indian, hamburger joint, Mexican and the deli sandwiches were tops. You could not go hungry if you tried. I did not try any of the speciality restaurants.

I have to mention the Spa, Cloud 9. What a beautiful space. The Serenity area for adults only was by Cloud 9, loved that area. I had no trouble getting a deck chair even on sea days, the guys made sure no one held an unused deck chair for more that 40 minutes.

Did I mention the weather in September - everyday between mid 70's and mid 80's, beautiful sunshine, a little rainy in the AM in Croatia but cleared to be a nice day - we were very lucky.

The entertainment on the Breeze was more than what I expected - Divas, Motor City, The Brits and Latin Nights were extremely well produced shows, excellent performers, and a magical LED backdrop. If you are on a Carnival cruise and see that Samantha Jay is performing, then you MUST see her show. This lady plays 5 instruments and is backed by a 5 piece band - what a show! It was Sept. 11 the night she performed. As a tribute to all the victims of that horrible day, she play a medley of popular American music. She brought the entire theatre to their feet at the end of the piece. WOW!

Of course I cannot end this review without special mention of the CD John Heald and his assistant Calvyn. What a man, he knows how to make everyone feel comfortable and entertained. Poor Calvyn, he took the brunt of many of John's jokes. What I really enjoyed was that you were not bombarded by announcement every couple of hours by the CD. John made maybe 3 announcement over the PA system in a 24 hour period and he always had good reminders and suggestions and information for all the passengers.

There are so many other areas of the ship I have not mentioned, the various club's decor are jaw-dropping, the fun shops are fun shops and you have got to visit the "Cherry on Top" if you are a kid at heart. You will find something interesting at every turn on this ship.

Good work Carnival, you all did good.

Publication Date: 09/21/12