MSC Fantasia Cruise Review by EQUALIZER555

Cruise Date: September 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 8
See More About: MSC Fantasia Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: MSC Fantasia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Fantasia Deck Plans
First time with MSC and it......................
We began our cruise in Naples. We checked in our bags and we were given a number and told to return to the departure hall at 2.30pm. We got back at 2.10pm and found the hall was full. We sat down to wait for our number to be called and by 3pm we were on board.Our cabin was spotless as was the ship,at any time of the day you would see someone cleaning.

Having read some reviews about the language I tried to be cleaver and learnt some Italian,waste of time, every crew member we met could speak english.

I had booked a table in the red velvet restaurant for the second setting, a table for two.When we arrived we were shown to a table for eight I was about to complain when we discovered that all the people at the table were Irish too.Some reviewers stated that some of the food was cold,this happened once, with my soup.On the whole the food for the entire cruise was terrific, I ate food that I had never eaten before.

Every member of staff we met were very nice,one member told us that they were on a nine month contract and worked every day for ten hours for the nine months.If by chance you come across a grumpy crew member just remember how long they have to work.Treat the crew as you would like to be treated, as we did, and don't go with the I PAY YOUR WAGES attitude.

If you are going on excursions organise them before you go, as the ships excursions are very dear.When you dock at Palermo get off and walk up the main street and you will find the hop on hop off tour bus,one goes in the morning and one in the afternoon both from the same place.In Tunis you will get two cards one if you are going on a tour and the other if you are going by yourself.You have to fill in one if you want to go in to Tunis.You will also have to change your money, and you CANNOT take their money out of the country.But you can avoid all the hassle and shop at the small shopping mall on the dock,where you can get anything from duty free to local crafts and cafes and they take euros.In Barcelona there is a shuttle bus from the ship for 8 euros don't take it, it only leaves you up the road and you could walk it in about 15 minutes, there you will find the hop on hop off bus.Now in Marseille you have to take the shuttle bus you will not walk in to town.In Genoa, you have to visit the aquarium its great.

The only down side to the cruise was the disembarkation.We had to be out of our cabin by 8.30am and the ship didn't dock till 11.15am,everyone who was getting off were sitting in all the lounges for nearly 3 hours.To sum up,the cruise,ship and the crew were great.Finishing my my review title,......won't be our last.

Publication Date: 09/21/12