Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by bklynangel

Cruise Date: August 2012
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+

Carnival freedom August 19-25, 2012
Our train was onetime for a short time, but then the delays started after Washington dc. We were to arrive the next day at 6 pm ,but arrived instead at 9 pm. We stayed at the embassy suites on 17 th street. The hotel is very nice with morning breakfast, laundry room and a shuttle to the pier. The day of the cruise, our checkout time was 12, so we had our breakfast, which was included at the hotel, and went for a swim in the pool. I would recommend this hotel to my friends, I was very pleased with the service.

I arrived at the pier around 12 pm. The lines were very long but I was taken off the line due to medical problems by an employee and he put me in the handicapped line which only had one other person ahead of me. I was on the ship within minutes.

When I first saw the inside of the ship, the decorations didn't impress me, I thought it was very plain.i was able to go to the room early, seeing I was using my cane , the cabin stewart Anthony was there to greet us and allow us to put our stuff in the room. Anthony learned our names quickly. From that day on, he knew our names.

We were in room 9222 forward , we were on the lido deck. The lido deck is my favorite deck, I picked it on carnival dream too and never had a problem with either rooms.

Then we headed to the front desk to make them aware of my mobility issues and to the dining room to aware them of my food allergies and ask them to move our table. I didn't want to explain and sit at a table with so many others who don't know my condition, and I wasn't about to explain.

Our drill started late, I was unhappy about that cause I wanted to do a sail-away wave to get on camera. The drill was long for me, and since I was on the port side, we were already sailing by the time we got back to our room. When we got to our room, our suitcases were already there.

That night we went to diner and my waiter didn't know about my food allergies and served me some stuff he wasn't sure if I was allergic to or not so after diner I went to speak to the maitre Dee. From that day on, I had a special diet and person who handled my diet. The chef also made me a special desert every night.

That night, we also went to the show, watched a movie outside , and we're so exhausted and went to bed. The next day was key west.

We arrived in key west and got off the ship very early. We had nothing planned . We started walking to the most southern point, but got tired and found some guy with a two seat-er bike . We got him to ride us around the town. We went to the most southern point, took pictures, and walked down duval street back to the ship. When we got back, we had lunch, put our bathing suites on, and hung out in the adult area.

Our next port was cayman islands and again we had nothing planned. We decided to take a cab to seven mile beach. I really enjoyed this beach and loved the island. The water was crystal clear. I forgot my snorkel gear. Looks like one of the best places in the Caribbean to snorkel. I'd love to go back to this island.

Jamaica was our last port. We booked a catamaran to Dunn's river falls but got cancelled due to a huge storm with a lot of lightning. When it cleared, we decided we didn't want to miss the falls, so we walked around and found a nice cab driver who said he would take us to the falls and wait for us. We accepted his ride but I did make sure he had the red licence plates. We got to the falls to my surprise cost us 40 dollars to go in. We took a lot of pictures and then left. Due to my mobility issues, I wasn't able to climb the falls but at least I got to see them. It's a must see. To our surprise the cab driver waited for us. We talked to him on the way back about the island and how hard it is to leave the island and how the average income is there. We gave him a great tip and went back to the ship. I had no problem with the people of Jamaica, I love the island.

The ship was very relaxing. My food was fantastic. The shows were just ok. I tried the slide, it was fun. I really enjoyed the ports and the ship.

Publication Date: 09/21/12