Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by thyme2cruz: Explorer of the Seas - Western Caribbean

thyme2cruz
Member Since 2005

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Explorer of the Seas - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: May 2005

My husband and I just returned home from the Explorer Of The Seas. The ship was beautiful, all staff was absolutely kind, friendly, and attentive to our needs. Our accommodations were beautiful,clean, and extremely comfortable. We were in a mini suite with a balcony the room was very spacious the best feature was a walk-in closet. The bathrooms on all levels needed a little more attention, but not that bad I have seen worse.

Ice skating arena small, shows seemed to be fun from what other were saying, however we did not attend any of the shows not enough time.

Portofinos Italian restaurant additional $20.00 per person, the food was exceptionally exquisite and delicious. The staff was extremely friendly and courteous highly recommend dining here.

All bar services were fun and friendly staff. Maharajas Lounge was different there was a constant odor the band was ok. The Chamber, was fun great music small dance floor. Schooner BAr, Sky Bar, Champagne Bar all More nice.

Our favorite: Crown & Kettle Pub hopefully Jeremy from India will be bar tending there he was the best so much fun full of smiles!!!

Ports of Call: Belize we booked an Jungle Air Boat Excursion a 20 minute ride to the river, we boarded an airboat saw amazing plants, flowers, alligators the staff was so much fun and great views. The ride through Belize was horrific, filled with extreme sadness, poverty, cruelty to animals, and you felt unsafe walking around. Belize was extremely upsetting and displeasing by all, I could not believe this is one of RCCL ports of call. If RCCL continues to have Belize a port of call they should donate funds and allow Belize to prosper in many ways so travelers would want to spend more time on this island. I wanted to give everything I had to these poor people but I know that would not even make a difference.

Costa Maya Mexico what a great place to visit the people are extremely friendly, the beaches were wonderful, great food and plenty of tequila we had a blast.

Cozumel you have to bargain for deals or you will be ripped off we had so much fun on this island what can we say. We booked our own tour to swim with the dolphins it is a bout at 10 minute drive and don't forget Cozumel is 1 hr behind. Price was about the same the web is www.dolphindiscovery.com (987)872.97.01. This experience was amazing the staff took photos, you could purchase a DVD video a little pricey but worth it. There are several packages we chose Swim with the dolphins, toe push, dolphin kiss, and dolphin pull for an additional $40.00 per person you could also do the same with sea lions. If I would have know I would have signed up. Great food, shopping, people very friendly..

Caymans beautiful, very relaxed, if you need to ups packages home DO NOT USE FEDEX staff is not friendly, not willing to assist, very confused. We spent about 1 hour in FEDEX, ended up having to go to UPS they were awesome.

A great web sit to learn about ports of call is Trip Advisor http://www.tripadvisor.com in the search just type in the island/city name.

I hope this helps in planning your trip! Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>