Carnival Fascination 5

browniiz
Member Since 2012
8 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

This cruise was given to my husband and I as a gift to give us a break after a tough year. I never even considered going on a cruise as I am afraid of the ocean and boats. For months I was concerned about all sorts of things with what to wear being my biggest worry. I admit I brought a lot of clothes and didn't end up wearing most of them. We are normally jeans and t shirt kinds of people. I am glad to have my first cruise behind me so next time I know better what to bring and what to expect.
We arrived early and boarded the ship within an hour. The wait to get into our room wasn't bad at all, we had a drink by the pool and used the time to unwind. The second night was Elegant Night and we passed on this, we chose to eat at the buffet. While we weren't alone most everyone did get very dressed up and ate in the dining room. When dinner was over the ship was filled with well dressed people and I was enjoying watching people dance but we felt underdressed so we cut the night short. More Next time I will go with the flow. Aside from Elegant Night everyone dressed pretty casual the rest of the time. The food is good all over the ship and we ate a lot of it. Room service was fast, friendly, and good. The water on the ship tasted horrible to me, so did the coffee, iced tea, anything that was made with the water.
Our room was kept spotless, the shower was hot, strong, and wonderful. The ship is constantly being cleaned. The crew seems to work hard and everything just seems so organized. There is always something going on, something to do. I brought my Kindle but never really had a chance to read. The casino was fun for me because I actually won money on the slots.
Debarkation was a breeze, we were in our car within 15 minutes of stepping off the ship.
We both had a lot of fun and are already planning our next vacation with Carnival Less

Carnival Fascination Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Published 09/21/12

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fascination Review

Carnival Fascination Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?