Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by hopie46064: Great time, great ship, low cost! :)

hopie46064
Member Since 2012

Great time, great ship, low cost! :)

Sail Date: September 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

At first we were nervous about booking a cruise on the Bahamas Celebration due to all of the negative reviews. My husband and I booked a cruise anyway and we had a great time!!

The ship was clean and our cabin was too. Our cabin was an upgraded (very cheap upgrade..$99 i think)ocean view cabin. It was a good size cabin and had two nice windows. The room stewards were very friendly and kept our room spotless!! They even left cute towel animals! I see a lot of complaints about the AC not working, ours worked just fine. :)

The entertainment was fun and very enjoyable. The staff made announcements over the loudspeaker when events would be starting, which was a nice reminder!

We dined at the Rio the first night and the food/service was good. The second night we skipped our dinner reservation at the Crystal and ate at the Italian restaurant. The Italian restaurant was sooooo good! The desserts were GREAT!!! Breakfast and Lunch were buffet style and consisted of basic More buffet food, no complaints.

The bar service was great!! Drinks were delivered very quickly!! Pub 437 was my favorite (my husbands too)!! The singer was very talented and the drinks were great. The quiet and relaxing atmosphere was perfect!

I had prepaid $50 for $100 on board credit and checked with Guest Services when we boarded the ship just to make sure it was noted. The woman that checked for us was very friendly and checked right away.

We went to the Grand Lucayan beach/lunch day for our excursion. I WISH I COULD HAVE SPENT MORE TIME HERE!!! It was beautiful!! The infinity pool looking over the beach and ocean was amazing!! There was so much to do: para sailing, water trampoline, banana boat rides, hair braiding, dancing, swimming, drinking, eating....What a great day!!! When we returned to Freeport around 430pm we shopped with some local vendors...I cant say it enough, it was a great day!

Getting off of the ship was quick and easy, we even got through Customs very fast!

My husband and I are already thinking about booking another getaway. The only thing we would do differently is book an extended stay in The Bahamas. I will be adding pictures of our cabin so that you can see how much space you really do have in the ocean view room. :)I had a great time on the Bahamas Celebration & I hope you do too! Less

Read more Bahamas Celebration cruise reviews >>