Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by NAUTINANCY 2: OASIS OF THE SEAS

Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

OASIS OF THE SEAS

Sail Date: September 2012

I'm 75 years old and have been cruising since 1974. This was my 61st cruise, my first on the OASIS OF THE SEAS. We flew into Ft Lauderdale on Sept. 7th and stayed at the Embassy Suites. They have a Happy Hour from 5-7PM and a full breakfast buffet! It's a $15 cab ride from the airport and a $15 ride to the pier. Embarkation was fairly easy on the 8th. We got on about noon and went to the Windjammer for lunch. About 1PM we were advised that we could go to our staterooms. I liked the stateroom with a balcony overlooking Central Park.

We were able to play trivia in the Schooner Bar and go to Muster before our luggage arrived. We did not have life jackets in our cabins, they were located at the Muster Stations. The luggage did take a little longer than usual to get to our cabin. We had early dinner at 6PM in the Opus Dining Room. The food was very good. They had introduced a new menu the week before; it was very different , but quite good. More We had reservations for "Hairspray" that evening and really enjoyed it. We booked all the shows on line before we got on the ship. We enjoyed all of them, The Aqua Show, the Iceskating and the other shows in the Opal Theater.

I was impressed with the "Small Wonders" on the ship. These are Artworks scattered about on many of the decks . There are pedestals with a lens on top showing pretty shells or flowers or a snake vertibrae. There are stands with binoculars displaying 3D pictures of roads, flowers, a levitating man, owl, trees, etc. The one with the monkey is on Deck 6 near the Boardwalk entrance. There are supposedly 42 of them. It was fun trying to find them. We did have dinner in Giovanni's on the last evening because it was part of our package. It was good , but I would not pay extra for it. We enjoyed the trivia games. We won pens, highlighters. luggage tags, etc. Walking in Central Park was very enjoyable. A lot of the plants are identified.

Having a balcony overlooking Central Park was great because you could listen to the music while sitting on the balcony or you could shut the doors and eliminate any noise. If you are Diamond or more, they had a nightly happy hour in Blaze (the Disco) from 5-8:30PM . Met a lot of nice people there. Disembarkation
was fairly easy because we took off our own luggage and got a taxi to the airport. I would definitely recommend it. It's a one of a kind cruise! Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Central Park view Stateroom with Balcony Deck 10 11209

We were in cabin 11209. It was good. The shower was small, because we like to take a shower together. There was plenty of closet space and a lot of hangers, which we don't always get on other cruises. They did not over fill the refrigerator so we could put water bottles into it. I really enjoyed it.

We got on the shuttle to get off the pier. The driver told us that we could get a water taxi or a regular taxi to Atlantis for $4 each, the best Casino and resort on Paradise Island. We made a mistake and took the water taxi. It let us off at a pier very far from Atlantis. We took a regular cab on the way back.
Read 2624 Nassau Reviews

We were about 7 miles from town. They did have a few shops and you could pick up a free bracelet from Diamonds International. The ship is so big that they had to build a pier for them.

The pier was not close to town. There were a few shops. I would have been just have happy to stay on the ship.
Read 2323 St. Thomas Reviews