Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by ladywithkids: First time cruising with kids - skeptical at first...

ladywithkids
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 4.0
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Bermuda Cruises

First time cruising with kids - skeptical at first...

Sail Date: September 2012
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Other

So I was very very skeptical about a cruise, I had never wanted to take one up until a coworker mentioned that going with the 2 kids was easy and a ton of fun. I decided to give it a try...my husband gets seasick but I was up for the challenge. So we decided to book with my 2 kids (3 and 1yrs old).

Leaving from Bayonne was super easy, no traffic on a Sunday afternoon and very few people checking in. The process took less that 30 minutes to get on board the ship and in our cabins in under an hr. The baggage people were not the friendliest but I won't be either if I had to lift bags all day. The tip we gave him got a smile. On-board we needed to follow a bit of the directions and find our cabin...all in all pretty straight forward. We spent the next hour looking around the ship (only covering a few decks) then hit the windjammer for a quick snack. Food was good and service with a smile. The crew is completely on all the time; I don't know how they stay so positive and More happy.

Allson was our stateroom attendant and he was great. Very friendly and helpful for the entire trip. Our waiter was Nepthale and he was super sweet as well. The food in the main dining room is the best and dinner at 6pm was perfect for the kids. Any later they would have been very unhappy. Service was quick and Nepthale always had excellent suggestions on the best dish(es) of the night. We definitely put on more than a few extra pounds.

Room services is free except for 12-6am, we pre-ordered milk for the kids in the morning arriving promptly at 6:30-7am in the morning. The coolers in the room keep things cool but not refrigerated.

There was so much to do on the ship we did not cover everything. The ice skating show was very exciting, game shows were pretty cool, and seeing the live shows was pretty good as well. All in all a fantastic trip. The kids didn't want to go home and I'm still missing being on the ship. My husband is also ready to go an another cruise (when the kids are older and they both can go to adventure ocean to play together - kids area and activities). Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Explorer of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Explorer of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 6 7649

Quiet location, could not hear noise from hallway, easy walk to elevators, sleeping in total darkness was really nice. Room seemed small at first but you get used to it since you are out and about most of the time.

Port was easy to get to, parking available, signs were easily legible.