Norwegian Star Cruise Review by RoutemanDan: NCL Star- a wonderful surprise.

RoutemanDan
Member Since 2006

Compare Prices on Norwegian Star Bermuda Cruises

NCL Star- a wonderful surprise.

Sail Date: September 2012
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

This is the first time I am writing a review. I'm doing so because I really didn't expect much but was very happy and pleasantly surprised with the Star.
We have sailed NCL before and love the freestyle concept but after reading not so favorable reviews of the Star my expectations were low.
We stayed in an SJ suite which was well appointed and large. The bathroom made up for the lack of a balcony.
Check in was a breeze and embarkation was fast.We arrived on the pier around 11am and were having lunch in Cagney's by noon.
Upon first glance at the ship it looked older but well cared for.
I will tell you that by day 2 we quickly realized that what this ship lacks in bells and whistles is more than made up for by the crew of the Star. From the officers to the room attendants and everyone in between that we had contact with was in a word, AMAZING.
Never have we ever felt so special than on the Star. All of our other NCL cruises have been superb and we always More found the crews very friendly but the Star stood out. They really go the extra mile in every way.
There was a minor incident in port the last day where the mooring line snapped due to a storm and the Star drifted away from the dock and tapped another ship.
As soon as the ship was back at the dock the crew was out handing out water and refreshments and reassuring the passengers. Simply stated they handled the whole matter with care and class.
I could go on and on with all of the great experiences we had but the bottom line is we will continue to cruise NCL and definitely take another cruise on the NCL Star. Less

Read more Norwegian Star cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Star Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Star 12516

Great view, quiet location but close enough to the elevators. Great bathroom! Closet space ok, lots of drawers. No real noise from sundeck above due to location.