Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by bhrjnq

Cruise Date: September 2012
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Category: 8D

Virgin cruisers - wasn't blown away
Im not in a rush to go back. The Room - The room itself was not bad. For two of us it was big enough. The bathroom was surprisingly ok decent size for us, shower actually pretty good. Towel animals every night a cheesy novelty that I did take photos of. The attendant that took care of our room did a pretty good job though- compared to other areas of the cruise

Housekeeping - It took 45 minutes and 3 different staff to get the mini bar fridge unlocked (we never asked for it to be locked)

Room Service - breakfast 90 minutes late is not acceptable in any hotel. Especially when its ordered the night before because I had a spa treatment booked. Non responsive room service and hotel staff. This happened twice - we didnt bother again

The buffet - be prepared to wait up to 25 minutes to get your tray up to some food. But then once you get there the food is very average. To be honest a total pain to line up for very average food

Pizza Bar - Pizza tastes good but you need to get a piece just out the oven. Several times I was given a cold/old piece.

The indian bar - completely disgusting. I attacked it fresh from being stocked - found flies in some of the sauces and the food was completely cold. I threw it all away.

Sushi bar - Only open a few times during the cruise for a short time and guess what - massive lines. UGH

The dining rooms - Nearly every meal served to us in the main dining rooms was barely warm. They were all brought to waiters station on stacked trays with a plastic plate covers just like in hospital. So it lost any appeal with the hospital trays and mass produced cold food especially on a 'dressed up evening'. Some of the service was very much throw the food done and get you out as quick as you can.

Pools - The two pools I felt were way too small for the amount of people on board. When we wanted to go for a swim while others were on shore of course the pools were emptied. Frustrating.

Gym - looked like a good gym but there was always a line to get in

**The best bits**

The Steakhouse - The best food you'll get on board. The steaks were amazing, nice cuts of meat and the service was impeccable. No complaints about the steakhouse.

El Mojito Bar - Siraket behind the bar was a breath of fresh air. Always looked after us, made us feel welcome and gave us something to look forward to every night.

My advice - be prepared to wait for every meal, line up for anything you want to do.

You're not going to get 5 star service or food on this cruise. I think I expected way too much

Publication Date: 09/17/12