Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by FocusRose: Freedom Of The Seas Western Caribbean

FocusRose
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Freedom Of The Seas Western Caribbean

Sail Date: September 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We recently took this family vacation with my in-laws and daughter. The Freedom of the Seas was excellent for our first vacation.

To break it down a bit:

We registered and boarded without and issues. The line up went smoothly and quickly (which when you are with a four year old is nice).

Our room was clean and our attendant was quick to introduce himself to let us know who is was if we needed anything. Our room was always put together, he even lined up and tucked in my daughters stuffed animals everyday. What amazed me, the last day when we were getting ready to leave (my mother inlaw and sister in law were 3 and 4 doors up from our room). Our room attendant knocked on the door. He was holding my mother inlaws white gold necklace she had left behind when she packed up her room.

We ate in the main dining room everynight. Our waiter and assistant waiter were amazing. We constantly had our drinks filled and our food was fast and hot. They treated my 4 More year old above and beyond. The only disappointment for her was the fact that the ship has colouring sheet menus but no crayons. The first night she used a pen then our waiter started bringing his highlighter for her. I could not think of any complaints for the dining room. I also know I would probably never have service in any restaurant like they provided us there. My only complaint is the music was extremely loud when it came on.

The ports were nice. The men on stilts in Jamaica leave a very sour taste in your mouth. They are very pushy and demanding. Many times they were told no. I found on our excursion it was the same thing. Repeatedly telling the same person No Thank you for a service or an item. However, our tour guide on our excursion was as helpful as he could possibly be to help us.

My daughter absolutely loved the Aquanauts program. She is not hard to please and was excited to go there everyday. Although, I was slightly irritated when my daughter requested that I purchase the pic of her and Puss N Boots that I was not aware was even taken until she told me a couple of days later. The fact that she is four I would like to know when her pic is taken.

The splashpad was fun for her as well. Although, the first time she went to it. She ran right up to the 6ft deep pool located practically in the middle of the splashpad.

The library could also use a few more books.

We loved the cruise. The people aboard Freedom were amazing to us and my daughter. Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>