Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by dbr123: Don't Understand the Complaints

Don't Understand the Complaints

Sail Date: September 2012
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

My husband and I just got home from the September 7, 2012 sailing to Alaska on Infinity. I honestly do not understand what all the complaint reviews are about. We found the staff very helpful and friendly. Our head waiter, Alfred, and our assistant waiter, Oscar, could not have been better. The were very concerned about our meal and if we were enjoying our dinner. The buffet had any kind of food one could possibly want. I will concede, however, that the buffet line menu could have been changed once or twice. The cruise director was great and the naturalist was very informative and entertaining. While our cabin was smaller that ones on Carnival, we have plenty of room and the shower was the biggest I have ever seen on a cruise ship.

Our check in to get on and off the ship was extremely fast and organized. It took us about 15 minutes to board the ship and we were off by 8:30. The tethering in Juneau also was no problem. If a shore excursion was booked, the staff made sure More we were off the ship in plenty of time. While we were tethered in Juneau there was also 2 or 3 other ships there and all were using the lifeboats as transportation.

Honestly, I don't know what all the people who complained were expecting but if I had to guess, I would say they wouldn't be satisfied with anything.

Would I recommend Celebrity to a friend--Yes, in a heartbeat.
Would I sail with Celebrity again-Yes, in a heartbeat!! Less

Read more Celebrity Infinity cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Infinity Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Infinity Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda Penthouse Deck (6) 7099

Mendenhall Glacier

(5)
Was really beautiful. We walked back to the waterfall. It was quite a long walk but well worth it.

Whale Watching

(5)
Was great! We saw Orca whales, which is very rare!

Lumberjack Show

(5)
Wasn't real sure if I would like this show, but it was great!

Rainforest Hike

(5)
Love this walk. We say bears and our guide was very informative.