“The Disney Dream... A Reality!”
Cruise review of Disney Dream

CruiseFanFlorida12 Disney Dream 5 The Disney Dream... A Reality!
CruiseFanFlorida12
Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
The Disney Dream was an amazing 4-day cruise. The cruise director Clayton was so much fun and even dressed up like a pirate on Pirate's night. Captain Henry was so friendly and always meeting and greeting with guests aboard the Disney Dream. This was my second sailing under Captain Henry and it was so nice to see him. Max was in charge of the Adult Entertainment and he was amazing! Max had all of the big kids (Adults) entertained every single night and had so much entertainment onboard. I had cabin #8589 (Standard Interior Cabin) and it was a great cabin. Had an issue with the cabin. There was a strong odor coming out of the toilet. They could not fix it and it was gone during the last day on the cruise. Strange situation but I guess that nothing is perfect. The food was amazing. I had the best dining room experience ever under Ronald, Byron, and Miguel. This was the best dining room team ever on Disney Cruise Line and aboard any cruise ship that I have sailed with. In fact, they were so great, that I did not experience Palo (one of my favorites on the sea) during this cruise. I got to ride the Aquaduck 3-6 times per day. It was an amazing experience as you go outside of the ship through a clear tunnel and around the pool area. It is a must! I also got to experience the Aquaduck in the evening with all of the lights on throughout the ship. Pirates in the Caribbean shows and fireworks were amazing and only as Disney can do. It's the only cruise line in the world with Fireworks at Sea. It was like being at the Magic Kingdom, except in the middle of the ocean. On our day at sea, Captain Henry picked a great spot to spend the day in the middle of the ocean and we had the best time and weather. It was my 4th Disney Cruise and I will definitely be back aboard a Disney Cruise next year. It was a magical and wonderful experience. It truly was a Dream! :)
Disney Dream Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Standard Inside Stateroom

11A8589
I booked the Disney Dream to experience my 4th Disney Cruise. The room was not too close to the elevator and not too far from the elevator. It was a great location and had minimal noise in the hallway because the hallway outside of the room was only used by the four units with magical portholes. The bathroom was large enough and the room layout was designed with space in mind. Even though it is 169 sq ft, the room gives you the feel that it is larger. Had plenty of closet space and a trunk to store more clothes. The housekeeper Budi was really great! He was all about attention to detail. Minor problem in the bathroom. Strong odor coming from the toilet. They could not fix the issue. I was offered a room change and came back because my room was a lot cleaner than the second room. Magical porthole was really cool and the characters would appear randomly throughout the cruise. Overall, great room with a great location.

One word ... PARADISE. Disney's Castaway Cay is a paradise and a MUST DO. I got to ride the Pelican's Plunge slide several times while in the family beach. Then, I spent the afternoon at the Serenity Bay, adult beach. The food was incredible with steaks on the grill, burgers, mahi mahi on the grill, and so much more! The stop at Castaway Cay was worth the cruise alone.
Port
I did not spend much time on land at Nassau. I got off to take pictures of the ship and Atlantis from the dock. And, went back inside. I've been to Nassau before and it is not of interest to me.
Read 4,118 Nassau Reviews
Published 09/16/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Disney Dream Review
Disney Dream Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?