Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by ChrissyDoll

Carnival Destiny
Member Name: ChrissyDoll
Cruise Date: September 2012
Cabin Category: 8B
See More About: Carnival Destiny Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

By far the WORST CRUISE EVER
First off I want to say I love cruising but this Cruise was the worst cruise I've ever been on. My Husband and I were excited about going because this cruise was our birthday cruise and our 1 year wedding anniversary cruise. The week prior we spent in Miami so we knew this part of or vacation would go smoothly. The embarkation went so well, and we met our friends there they also was celebrating their anniversary. After meeting up with them we were not allowed to go to our rooms because the staff told us the rooms were not ready.

You could imagine how hot it is in Miami in the middle of the day and with everyone boarding there was not a lot of room.

We finally made it to our balcony room and it looked like we stepped into an 80's theme room. Decor horrible and everything outdated. During our trip my husband and I were laying on our bed and housekeeping knocked and walked right into our room, luckily we had on clothes. By this time I was very upset and this was on Tuesday. We could have skipped our first Port which was Ocho Rios.

We did enjoy our time in Caymens because of our friends being with us.

We had a balcony room on the 8th floor in the front of the boat. You would think you could get some peace and quiet, but when me and my husband went out on the balcony it was dirty and we had a couple on deck 10 looking down trying to hold a conversation with us.

Let's fast forward to the food part. Food absolutely disgusting. Eggs cold, buffet lines way to long, Bacon you could only get 2 pieces at a times and when you tried to ask for more the servers had attitudes, Plates, cups and silverware dirty. I had a piece of hair in my plate and had to go stand back in line for another plate of food. When we went to go get ice cream Wednesday night we walked pass the lido deck it stunk so bad, like a cafeteria with rotten food in it. The selection of food took me back to elementary school, chicken fingers, fries, hot dogs, cold hot dog buns, chili con queso and cold cheese wiz and hamburgers for 5 nights. The assigned dinner selection was no better, veal parmigiana that was tough and lobster bisque that tasted like a canned soup. And if you asked for a different plate our server Nino had a problem. As we sat and tried to eat lunch we heard a couple screaming and arguing at each other. Then late night drunks being rude and loud.

I became sick on the boat and the dining room upper universe was very hot on Wednesday night after dinner. Our room shook and up and the boat rocked up and down because of the storm. I had a terrible headache and wanted to get off of the ship.

Royal Caribbean Is the Line for us. We had a great time last year, and I was so disappointed with what we experienced on this cruise. I went on Carnival in 2000 and had a great time shame on Carnival. I suggest to other don't get on Carnival Destiny you will be disappointed.

Publication Date: 09/16/12