Carnival Elation Cruise Review by ladewgirl

Cabin Number: E203
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Enjoyable and Relaxing
The ship sailed right on time and rooms were ready when they told us it would be. Our stewards came by shortly after we took one walk around to show my daughter, a first time cruiser, some of the highlights of the ship. The room we were in had 2 bunks that they put down and had waiting on us that night. The stewards we had were wonderful even doing the towel flower and card for the birthday girl on her special day. There were small children in the room next to us who would bang on the wall some and being more towards the back of the ship we could hear and feel the engines more but it was all bearable.

We ate dinner in the dinning room every night and other than our dinning room not changing the menu outside daily I can't complain. Raymond and his group did a wonderful job even getting my daughter up to dance with them on two of the nights. They also sang happy birthday and brought her a small slice of cake in addition to the one we bought from formalities.

The shows were like most on the ships. I personally enjoy them and give the dancers props for not falling when the ship moves. Instead of a talent show the last night they did auditions and a dance contest, putting the winners in the show. It was fun and only on 2 ships from what I understand.

Our cruise director was Jeff, he was funny and willing to let himself be the butt of a joke for a laugh. Katie was also one of the entertainment team, she did a good job of keeping people in line at the same time as making sure everyone was having a great time.

Lido deck party could have been, no it should have been better than it was, not sure where the CD or any of the Entertainment team was during that time. We left.

My friend who came with us is a VIP and I was able to get into the VIP party with her, this was GREAT as I got to see what the hubbub was about and now know I want to be a VIP ASAP LOL.

All in all there was plenty to do if you needed it, the ship was clean and we were taken care of, which lead to a very relaxing time.

Publication Date: 09/16/12