Carnival Elation Cruise Review by ladewgirl: Enjoyable and Relaxing

Compare Prices on Carnival Elation Western Caribbean Cruises

Enjoyable and Relaxing

Sail Date: September 2012
Embarkation: New Orleans

The ship sailed right on time and rooms were ready when they told us it would be. Our stewards came by shortly after we took one walk around to show my daughter, a first time cruiser, some of the highlights of the ship. The room we were in had 2 bunks that they put down and had waiting on us that night. The stewards we had were wonderful even doing the towel flower and card for the birthday girl on her special day. There were small children in the room next to us who would bang on the wall some and being more towards the back of the ship we could hear and feel the engines more but it was all bearable.

We ate dinner in the dinning room every night and other than our dinning room not changing the menu outside daily I can't complain. Raymond and his group did a wonderful job even getting my daughter up to dance with them on two of the nights. They also sang happy birthday and brought her a small slice of cake in addition to the one we bought from formalities.

The More shows were like most on the ships. I personally enjoy them and give the dancers props for not falling when the ship moves. Instead of a talent show the last night they did auditions and a dance contest, putting the winners in the show. It was fun and only on 2 ships from what I understand.

Our cruise director was Jeff, he was funny and willing to let himself be the butt of a joke for a laugh. Katie was also one of the entertainment team, she did a good job of keeping people in line at the same time as making sure everyone was having a great time.

Lido deck party could have been, no it should have been better than it was, not sure where the CD or any of the Entertainment team was during that time. We left.

My friend who came with us is a VIP and I was able to get into the VIP party with her, this was GREAT as I got to see what the hubbub was about and now know I want to be a VIP ASAP LOL.

All in all there was plenty to do if you needed it, the ship was clean and we were taken care of, which lead to a very relaxing time. Less

Read more Carnival Elation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Elation Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Elation Oceanview Main E203

This room had 2 bunks that they put down, two twin beds and under those were a pull out bed and a crib if we needed them. 4 of us stayed and were very comfortable. The person sleeping under the window did have a little maneuvering they had to do around the ladders but we put them on the bed after we got up and the stewards folded these beds up during the day. They also noticed one needed to stay down for us as we had someone who liked to nap a little during the day and she was in a bunk. The stewards we had were wonderful even doing the towel flower and card for the birthday girl on her special day. There were small children in the room next to us who would bang on the wall some and being more towards the back of the ship we could hear and feel the engines more but it was all bearable. The bathroom is smaller than the bigger ships but ample for using the restroom, taking a shower and brushing your teeth. There are only two plugs, this was the only other thing we ran into as an issue. One plug in the bathroom and one in the cabin. With all of us having books on I-Pads or other devices of the sort this did make for some creativity in charging times. One of the best things about the room was the placement, right down from the back stairs, one flight up we hit the dinning room and two we were on the promenade... I would book this room again...

(5.5)
I always have a great time in Cozumel. We ported down in the downtown area which was a first for my entire group, one of my group was on cruise 15!! I also always take the bike carts down the pier back to the ship after shopping. Two days in this port would make me much happier than stopping in one and then another.
Read 3106 Cozumel Reviews

No power in the shops of Progreso. The shop people were not as willing to negotiate as I've seen in the past. At one point at one shop we were told one price for a chess set and when we went to pay for it they rang it up at a higher price. It wasn't pretty for a moment but they did decide to give it to us for the originally quoted price. I would have been happier skipping this port all together.
Read 284 Progreso Reviews