“Stay Home”

Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Having cruised Carnival about 20 years ago, I had fond memories of my experience. Since my first Carnival experience, more recently I have cruised with NCL and Holland America 4 separate times and throughly enjoyed both cruise lines. Fast forward to last week and my latest experience on Carnival was horrendous. Buffet food was awful, Outside cabin was worn and tired, the staff was quite lacking in key hospitality skills like...smiling, making people feel welcomed and did I say smiling? Dining room food was better but they seemed severely understaffed and our server was never there and when he was he was always excusing himself to go put out another fire. Entertainment (2 shows for 5 night cruise) was lacking. On NCL and HA there was never enough time in the sea days with so many appealing activites. Not so much on Carnival. We found ourselves spending more time in our cabin than we ever wanted. The same cabin with dents in the ceiling and walls. Do yourself a favor, skip this ship and this cruise. Save up for the real deal.
Carnival Paradise Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Ocean View

6Ae38
Cabin E38 - Empress Deck - dented walls, ceilings, morbidly drab in color.

Published 09/14/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Paradise Review
Carnival Paradise Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?