Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by Mr Smee: Not for me

Not for me

Sail Date: August 2008
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

We saw the Cunard Mediterranean memories cruise after returning from two weeks on P&O Ventura.

The Queen Elizabeth sounded just what we wanted. The itinerary statred in Southapmton but flew us back from Rome to Heathrow. Any transfers as you might ask? No. This was the main fault with this holiday. I contacted Iglu and Cunard and despite assurances that there were arrangements... there weren't forcing us to make our own arrangements. Without lovely helpful family in Surrey, it would have been most inconvenient.

The ship is beuatiful. Classy and fully meets the expectations of the Cunard reputation. Food good, staff mostly friendly.

We soon found out thought that the cruise was intended for probably the older cruiser and certyainly someone who felt that ballroom dancing each night made up for the lack of a good show.

The entretainment left a lot to be desired, one artist mainly, singer etc doing a 40 minute spot then that was it! Some nights the ships More dancers and singers but little in the way of variety. We have been used on Carnival and P & O to leaving one show and going off to see another. Ballroom dancing isnt a suitable alternative.

We made our own arrangements for excursions as the ones offered seemed expensive compared to what was on offer at the port.

Drinks expensive as was the internet

A few too many formal nights for me. 5 nights out of 9 in my dinner suit is over the top for me.

It wasnt a bad cruise, just not for us.
I need entertaining a bit more than Cunard seem to want to do

Defintaely for the 70+ cruiser who likes to dress up and Waltz

Oh and this is the last time I book a cruise or any other holiday in advance. Sick of finding people who have paid £300 less for the same holiday by booking late!!! Less

Read more Queen Elizabeth cruise reviews >>