Riviera 5

“Rome to Barcelona on Riviera”
Cruise review of Oceania Riviera

kasman15
Member Since 2012
3 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Let me start by saying this was a wonderful experience. Everything I thought it would be and more. Oceania put us up in Rome, transported us to the ship and checked us in with ease. We had 10 in our group, some Vietnam vets and friends from Chicago. Rooms were ready at 3pm and were beautiful. Large, plenty of storage, a triple sized veranda. Room 7116, B4 category, near the back of the ship. This is a great location, easy to get to anything on the ship. Restaurant's: Favorites were Toscana and Polo Grill.Jacques was good, did not care for Red Ginger. Dining room was very good as was Waves and Terrace Grill upstairs with the outside seating area, great at night.

Service was outstanding. Everyone seemed to really enjoy the job and was very professional. Food servers gave you anything you wanted, made tables of 10 in specialty restaurant. Cabin stewards were wonderful, never saw them much, but everything was done that was asked. Extra ice at 4pm, it was there. More

Entertainment was OK. Hit and miss. A violist and comedian both played twice, once would be enough. Andrew Webber show was the best along with 60s show.

Pool area - Comfortable chairs, nice pool, great service. Waves grill for lunch with shakes, malts, lobster and steak sandwiches, no waiting delivered to your table. Great

Ports - went to Amalfi, Capri, Monte Carlo (my favorite), Marseilles among my favorites. Buses provided free to take you to heart of towns. Passengers were taken care of very well.

Bars - classy, good drinks, happy hour 5 to 6 each day, 2 for 1. Great service.

Things they could have done better, I give the answer of one of my Italian friends from Chicago. He told this on day 9. I keep trying to find something wrong with this ship, but I can't. This was the consensus of the group.

Disembarked in Barcelona with ease, off by 820 am.

A wonderful experience, am going back Jan 23 on Riviera out of Miami, can't wait. Less

Riviera Cruises to the Western Mediterranean

Published 09/13/12

Read Cruise Critic's Riviera Review

Riviera Cruises to the Western Mediterranean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?