Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Corgis mom: The Summit was very nice

Overall Member Rating

The Summit was very nice

Sail Date: September 2012
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

We took the bus down from Ct. to Bayonne. The best way to get there, in my opinion. Arrived about 12:45, and sat in the library, as we didn't want to schlep our luggage around the buffet. We were hoping for a 1:00 entry into the cabins, but it was 1:30.

Our first concierge class, and first balcony. Not our last. :).

Lunch in the buffet was good. We ended up eating breakfast and lunch there every day. We did enjoy the fresh squeezed o.j. From room service, but their coffee was awful. Did that one morning, then had tea. All meals in MDR, except one in the Normandie. It was okay, but took a long time, and wasn't much better than the MDR. We really enjoyed the escargot and Caesar salads. We got them almost every night.

I guess we are stick in the MUDs, because we only saw one show. We just were tired at the end of the day.

If I had one complaint, it was that we sat under the speaker at the brunch, and it was LOUD! If I were seated there More every night, I would ask to be moved. We enjoyed the ship very much. The thalassotherapy pool was great. We are not knowledgeable about sushi, but enjoyed it one evening before dinner. I liked the buffet, and if it had a few more tables, would have been better. Not possible, I know.

The movies on the t.v. were mostly in French. A few in English would have been nice. I liked the Fox channel, and CNBC, but somedays it wasn't live. I like seeing the ticker going by, and keeping up with the news.

Really enjoyed sitting on our balcony. It made the room feel larger, too. Less

Published 09/13/12

Onboarding Experience
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X