“Do your research & you'll have a whale of a time!”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas

Glad Trimble Adventure of the Seas 5 Do your research & you'll have a whale of a time!
Glad Trimble
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We had a great time aboard this ship, and I attribute that largely to doing our research on Cruise Critic. I don't feel like the bad reviews on here are fair, as the staff are incredibly friendly, and I think they are just as fed up of the Spanish as we are (brits), hence the reason they are discontinuing this cruise after 2012 season. We had a leisurely breakfast on the balcony every morning apart from last day, we'll never get a view as good as that and didn't want to waste it by going into a crowded restaurant. We went for lunch early before the crowds arrived and always found a nice table by the window - again the views are priceless. We did the same for dinner, and avoided all crowds and noise. We saw 2 shows, the Ice Show which was great, and Beatle Maniacs which was incredible. We didn't get off at all ports as for us the destination is the ship, we'd paid a lot of money to go on it so we wanted to enjoy being on it. The Spanish are a nation that obviously enjoy being in large groups, and are very lively. If you don't like that then just make sure you're not where they're going to be. They are late-risers who like to eat all meals very late.I think if you can understand this then you'll be fine. The pool area is crowded, no getting away from that, but we got our loungers on the deck above the pool, and just walked down if we fancied a dip. There is a lovely breeze up there so we thought it was more pleasant anyway. We did see staff taking towels off loungers if they'd been unoccupied for over 30 minutes, so again, I don't understand the reviews that say the staff don't enforce this. You can ALWAYS find solitude on board this ship, the reviews that say otherwise aren't justified. The promenade deck is always quiet, and reminds me of a bygone era. We had such an amazing, relaxing holiday, and have just booked another.
Adventure of the Seas Cruises to the Western Mediterranean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Junior Suite

JS9584
Lots of storage space, actually more than I have at home! Lots of room and it's very bright and airy. The only thing I didn't particularly like was that the trolley that the stewards work from seemed to be permanently parked outside our front door. This wasn't a noise issue or anything, it was just when we opened our door it was the 1st thing we saw. Also when walking along the otherwise empty hallways, we could always tell where our room was as it had the 'dumpster truck' outside it! But it was a small niggle, I wouldn't want to put people off if they've booked it already, but it may be something to consider if you are trying to pick your room.

Published 09/13/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Adventure of the Seas Review
Adventure of the Seas Cruises to the Western Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?