Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by Lovecrusing627

Norwegian Gem
Norwegian Gem
Member Name: Lovecrusing627
Cruise Date: August 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Norwegian Gem Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Norwegian Gem Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Gem Deck Plans
A Gem Vacation
Just returned on NCL Gem which was a gem

The decor was beautiful

I went with my finance. and I won This cruise from a Local radio station.

We didnt stay in a Hotel cause we are from Long Island.

the day of the cruise. My friend dropped us off at the cruise termimal and was on the ship within 30 minutes

we went to have lunch at the garden cafe. there were several resturants on board with a charging price we didnt eat at any of them.

our stteroom was a lovely Balcony. the beds were very comfortable. and the room was small but clean, and i love how the fish swim toward the front of the boat.

there were 2 pools 1 kids and 1 adults. there was a water slide which I used. alot of children were on this cruise considering summer vacation that crowd the pools./

we explored more of the ship and watched sail away.

the food was Delicious on the cruise both dining room and Garden cafe

they also had aa chocolate buffet which U cant forget your camera for it

I love the Happy Happy Washy washy ppl. by the eating areas. They always made my day.

Sea days we just relaxed swam,eat and participated in activities.

the casino. I never went in there I don't gamble. ppl smoke in there and I don't even smoke.

Port Canaveral, we went to Cocoa Beach and spend the day there. nice weather

Great Stirrup cay it was a tender port. we rented snorkel gear and snorkeled they had a BBQ buffet and music. it was fun. The cruise ppl bring the food to the island from the ship and everything is free with the cruise fare. You have to pay for drinks nd souvnvuor. You use your sail and sign card to pay for things on the island. there's also cabanas You can rent we didnt do that.

Nassau. We went to Atlantis we went Parasailing that was so much fun, it was like a 10 minute ride in the air above the water and we went to the Aqurium there. Atlantis is expensive.

Overall it was great cruise. I can't wait to go on the breakaway.

Publication Date: 09/12/12