Scenic Emerald Cruise Review by trudlz: Peaceful sailing

Peaceful sailing

Sail Date: August 2012
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Budapest

My friend and I left Perth Western Australia, Flying Singapore Airlines Via Singapore. From there we flew to Frankfurt, long flight!!! from Frankfurt we boarded another Plane to Budapest, here we were met by the Scenic tours Rep.
With other people we boarded a bus for a leisurely drive to the Hotel we were to stay at until our ship was ready to board.
Here we were ushered into the day room and given food and drinks,We needed the drinks as the outside temperature was a blistering 40 deg. our attempt to go for a walk was very short lived. WE had a glimpse of our surroundings, and decided to retreat back into the hotel.
Soon we were ushered back onto the bus for our trip to our ship.
Here we were met by the Captain and reception staff whom very efficiently
presented us with our Key cards and told where we were to go etc.
Down 4 steps and a long walk down to the end of the passage.
the passage walls were adorned with some very nice paintings. .
our More cabin which at first looked very small, we did have a balcony (bliss)after a short time the room we were staying was more than adequate with plenty of draw and wardrobe space for us two ladies. the ship we found to be very spacois with onboard hairdresser and massage lady. downstairs was the breakfast/dinner room,up stairs from our deck was the lounge/bar. with lots of windows,we could get our teaand coffeee here free.lots of different types of both. Meals were outstanding sevive was great, the staff were very diverse in there nationalities all were very obliging, nothing too much for them to do
there were of course one or two who were more attentive to peoples needs thn others but all were great really. We visied 14 Ports in all, and had a choice of which shore excurtion we wanted to partake in out of any three,at all ports. I had a problem with my legs on the 4th or fifth day of our cruise. I mentioned this to the captain,in no time at all I was put in a Taxi and sent to the local hospital, being in Germany I was quite concerned as I have no idea how I was going to get them to understand what the problem was. but no fear they had ben forwarned that I only understood English.They found someone who I could talk to.I was back on board about 3Hrs later. I had a script to fill,and again they were quick to order another taxi for the young lady to go and pick up my scrip. how WONDERFULLcan't praise them enough.
There were entertainers brought onboard at 3 different places.
The highlite was of course the crew show never laughed so much and for so long in ages. congratulations to them all.
I can't pick out any particular place of interest to give as being special as they all were. This trip has been more than I had imagined it could be, I was very sad for it to come to an end. Our arrival in Amsterdam was filled with
a feeling of WOW!!! I want to go on another cruise with this company it's so good. Disembarking was very well organised again we were taken to another hotel to stay in a day room and wait for our cases. My friend and I had a short walk from here to the train station were we travelled further into Holland. THANK YOU SCENIC
Trudlz Less

Read more Scenic Emerald cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Scenic Emerald Review >>

Cabin review: Scenic Emerald 235

great cabin, engine noise not too bad in fact helped us sleep. Had a balcony which we were able to use a lot more than we thought we would. passage quiet as we were right at he end, at the back of the ship on the second deck down.

explored the limestone caves, where the hospital was built and usesd in the second world war, quite an experience to me was well worth going to visit.