Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by kikitaly: Nice cruise!

kikitaly
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Celebrity Silhouette Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Nice cruise!

Sail Date: August 2012
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

This was our first cruise with Celebrity, having sailed before mostly with Holland America: making comparison was, of course, automatic. we decided for this cruise due to the itinerary which is, in my opinion, the best one in Mediterranean sea for this summer. we travelled with my parents and my sister and her husband.

we are Italians (from Turin, in the north west of Italy), we arrived in Rome 3 days before the embarkation and we take our time looking for unusual sites and places having been there so many times. the embarkation was really very smooth and easy and in less than 15 minutes we were aboard. what a ship!! Silhouette is absolutely amazing, the best ship we ever been! plenty of space, of things to do: we never felt overcrowded even during sea days. we choose concierge cabins and we were very happy with our choice: I don't agree with who says that there is not enough storing space in the cabin. for us was ok and the veranda was a bit wider than on hal.
the More cabin service was good, the room was sparkling clean. compared with hal I must say that something is missing: some times the flowers were left dried (so sad...), we have to ask for ice...
the food was good, not great, i.m.o. on hal is better. I appreciate the food court on deck 14: having divided spaces in "islands" we never felt packed. food in mdr is so and so, definitely better on hal: huge portions but not so tasty: (remember? we are italians and most of all foodies!). the service was not always so attentive, especially with the wine waiter (sommelier): we decided for select dining so we changed the waiters almost every night: usually the service was very good but once the wine waiter was rude: he opened the bottle by himself not showing us the bottle before, not letting tasting the wine... awful!
the entertainment was ok. the cruise director Lisa was great and so was the orchestra. I didn't really appreciated the 4 singers. we take 3 excursions with the ship: malta, taormina and beach transfert to elia beach in mikonos. were well organized and especially in malta the guide was outstanding.
for the future we will consider celebrity together with hal. Less

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>