Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by codillakat

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by codillakat
Vision of the Seas
Vision of the Seas
Member Name: codillakat
Cruise Date: August 2012
Embarkation: Copenhagen
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Cabin Category: K
Cabin Number: 2015
See More About: Vision of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Vision of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Vision of the Seas Deck Plans
Baltics & Northern Europe
I arrived in Copenhagen at 11:00 am and was on board by 12:30 pm. Embarkation was quite smooth, being a Platinum member I skipped right by the lines, although it was shorter than what you normally see for Caribbean.

Estonia - I took the walking tour here. I thoroughly enjoyed the tour, our guide was great! Afterwards I stayed in the city to wander around a little longer and grab a bite to eat. The ship is about 20 -25 minutes walking distance to the ship.

St. Petersburg, Russia - I have been here before but due to the Visa requirements I was not able to wander by myself. Next time, even though it may be expensive, I would get a regular Visa and do my own thing. I booked two tours, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon. The morning tour was city highlights and Church on Spilled Blood. We did not find out until we got there that the Church is closed on Wednesdays! The guide took us to a different church which was a huge disappointment. The afternoon tour was of the Yusspov Palace & Canals. I would highly recommend the palace, the history behind it was very interesting. Unfortunately for us it was raining and had to sit inside the boat for the canal tour. RC brought a group of Cossack dancers on board for the evening entertainment. Having seen one of these shows previously I was very disappointed. They had only 3 musicians the rest was taped music. Dancers not as good as the ones I had seen previously. If you are in St. Pete I would recommend you see the "real" Cossack show, it was amazing..

Helsinki, Finland - One of my favorite ports! It is just the way you imagine it.. I did the city highlights and Ice Bar. DONT SELECT THE TOUR! The city part was great but the ice bar was not authentic. It was basically a warehouse with a replica of what it would look like. They gave you a shot of Vodka in an ice glass, not what I had expected after watching this on the travel channel. They had dog sled rides for $25 and while at first I thought it was cruel to make the dogs pull you, I think they really did like it.

Stockholm, Sweden - Another great port!! In the morning I took the Rooftop Tour/City Walking Tour. This tour was great, would have been even better of it wasn't raining! You put on what looks like a wind suit and a harness. You are strapped to these cable along your feet, you hold the harness and walk it through the corners. If you didn't get it just right it would get stuck and you would have to either bend down and move it with hands or kick it. Seemed a bit dangerous to me considering there are no handrails! I climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge which is a similar concept and this tour did not seem nearly as safe. The tour guide then pointed out all of the city highlights from the roof of the courthouse. It was an interesting way to see the city from another view point. The afternoon tour was of the Palace and more walking tour. Loved the Palace! The walking tour was very similar to the one I had in the morning.

Copenhagen, Denmark - Disembarkation was smooth. I booked the city tour with airport drop off. The tour guide here was probably the best! You could just tell during his presentation that he thoroughly enjoyed what he does. The city itself was under a lot of construction. I couldn't tell you the number of scaffolding's and construction zones were there. I would probably go back in 10 years when everything is complete.

Vision of the Seas - The ship is a bit old but was clean. I was disappointed that the library also functions as the cigar bar in the evening. The smell was so foul I could not even sit in there. I had a pedi at the spa and the nail tech was great, friendly, easy to talk to. I have never been a fan of the food on Royal Caribbean and this was typical. The breakfast service in the restaurant was slow, they would prefer you eat from the buffet rather than order from the menu. Be prepared for tons of Europeans. I think the Germans are the worst! No one wants to wait in line and they have no concept of "personal space". I love to travel throughout Europe but this is the second cruise I have been on with rude Europeans. I will probably stick with land tours for future trips to Europe. I am not saying everyone but a good majority. They offered a VIP Behind the Scenes tour of the ship. I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS TOUR!! It was $150 and lasted almost 4 hours, worth every penny. It is amazing what goes into making it all work..

Publication Date: 09/12/12
More Vision of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Vision of the Seas review Read the next Vision of the Seas review

More Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews