Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by dkh1020

Cruise Date: September 2012
Embarkation: Galveston
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 11
See More About: Carnival Triumph Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+

Carnival Triumph
Just got back from a short 4 day hop on the Carnival Triumph. After reading all the negative reviews here, I was apprehensive. After taking the cruise, I can't help thinking what were these people expecting? Fine Cuisine on a Burger King budget? Really?

Carnival is definitely a budget cruise line and caters to the masses. The food is massed produced and they serve thousands of meals each day. That considered, the food is above average quality and better than any Luby's I've ever been to.

The selections were varied from day to day and were quite good.

Being a budget cruise attracts a diversity of people. That's one of the best things about Carnival. I always meet the most interesting people on Carnival cruises. My trip on the Triumph was no different. The other passengers were amazing. I met and spent time with people from all walks of life. You can sit down at a bar and strike up a conversation with a complete stranger and end up having dinner with them the rest of the cruise. I had a fantastic time on the Triumph and am going on her again in January 2013.

Some people commented that the ship was old & dirty, not the case at all. Everything was exceptionally clean and the ship was beautiful. I took a behind the scenes tour and I can tell you that the kitchens were absolutely spotless.

One of the best aspects of the cruise was the staff. They were friendly, courteous, always made eye contact and greeted you with a smile. My cabin steward never missed a beat. My only request was to have fresh ice 24/7. He kept my cabin spotless and my ice bucket full.

The entertainment was above average. I'm not into the Broadway shows but they were very good. The music and bands on board were excellent and the adult comedy shows were absolutely hilarious.

So, all said, Kudos go to the staff and crew. Triumph is a beautiful ship with an outstanding crew. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and highly recommend the Carnival Triumph. This was my 8th cruise on Carnival but my first on Triumph. Ship and crew exceeded my expectations. Totally looking forward to my next trip on the Carnival Triumph.

Publication Date: 09/10/12