Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Lovemygreekgeek: Wonderful first cruise with NCL!

Lovemygreekgeek
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Norwegian Dawn Bermuda Cruises

Wonderful first cruise with NCL!

Sail Date: August 2012
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Boston

My boyfriend and I had the BEST time on the Dawn labor day week. I'll try to give a short review here, but I'll post more detail on the forums later this week.

Room: We had a midship balcony on deck 10. It was absolutely worth the extra expense. The balcony wasn't very large, but we both managed to spend a few afternoons sitting there and enjoying the sun. We were also lucky enough to face Bermuda when we were in port, so we enjoyed the music NCL played every day as the guests came back to the ship.

The room was large enough for all of our things, and we managed in the bathroom just fine (bf is 6'3"). Our room steward Francisco was wonderful and stopped to chat with us every time he saw us. I can't say enough good things about him.

Food: We go out to eat in the Metro Boston area pretty often and we agreed that the food in Aqua and Venitian were on par with most of the better restaurants we eat at. Someone on here said you can get better steaks at Outback, but More that's absolutely not true. Every steak we had was cooked exactly to our specifications and seasoned very well. Some may say it had a bit too much seasoning, but it was perfect for our tastes. The staff in the restaurants and the Garden Cafe really made the experience for us. Staff members that we interacted with once during the week would come over to say hi to us and chat with us and suggest foods to try. Every food recommendation was fantastic, and we had a few custom made dishes thanks to our wonderful servers. I don't know if I should post so many shout outs here, but we miss Achmed from Aqua and the Garden Cafe!!!

Entertainment: Now, my boyfriend isn't really the kind of person to sit through multiple Broadway type shows in a week, but he really enjoyed all of the evening shows on the Dawn. I did too, but I really love that kind of stuff. The performers really push themselves to be the best they can be and it's obvious that they're having fun doing it. We also went to trivia multiple times and we loved joking around with Justin and Luke! They were the life of the party at so many events and we hope to encounter activity staff like them the next time we take a cruise.

Bermuda: It was beautiful and relaxing to visit this island, and I loved having 3 days to explore. We did not do any ship excursions, but we got around the island easily and were guided by kind islanders. We definitely want to go back here.

Overall: We honestly thought the experience top to bottom was fantastic. Every crew member seemed like he or she honestly wanted our vacations to be the best ones ever and they worked so hard to provide a wonderful experience. Even the Captain took a minute to talk to us when we caught him grabbing a late night crepe in the Garden Cafe. I'm sure there are better decorated ships out there with waterslides and rock climbing walls and more bars etc etc, but the staff on this ship made the ship come to life for us. We had something to do every minute of every day, and we enjoyed everything we did. We even invested in a cruise reward and are planning on taking another cruise sometime in the future, and we're pretty sure we're going back to the Dawn. Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Dawn Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck Eight 10088

Good size, nice balcony, dividers between shower and toilet were convienent, very quiet floor.