Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Sea Lavender: Exceptional Ship

Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Exceptional Ship

Sail Date: August 2012

Myself and husband both aged early 30s spent two week's on Oasis of the Seas in August 2012 and did a back to back cruise to the East and West Caribbean. We flew B.A. to Miami the day before and stayed in the Crowne Plaza overnight. Our transfer had us at the sea port quite swiftly, and from the moment I stepped off the bus to actually stepping onto the ship, it must have only taken 15 minutes! I have to say, absolutely fantastic. I can't praise the staff at Royal Caribbean enough, customer service brilliant.

Once on board, we entered opposite Guest Services and we were totally gob-smacked. ... How can this float? It's absolutely huge, but so much fun, and so much to see and do. Our drill was very well organised, our muster station was in Studio B, and a safety video was played. No need to try on the life jackets, but they were on view in each muster station. The down to earth Captain gave a talk over the speaker system and after that it was up to our rooms to More unpack!

Our cabin was an ocean view, large balcony on deck 14. Now, I must say this folks, I did find the large balcony a total waste of money. You get the same table and two chair's everyone else get's plus on the 14 deck there is an over hang from above so less sun hits the balcony. We did however find our cabin very nice, plenty of storage, bearing in mind we had three suite cases and I managed to find a home for everything. Suite cases went under the bed, plenty of hangers in the wardrobe and draws for smalls. Bed very comfy, T.V. great and thought out the ship I found their use of I.T. was fantastic. Bathroom very modern, much more pleasing on the eye than other ships. You get a small bar of soap in the bathroom and shampoo in the shower. Formal night's I noticed that's when we got the towel animals, and chocolate on the pillows. All the room attendants on our floor were so friendly, and it was a please to talk to them as they work so hard, cleaning all rooms twice a day.

We ate in Chops Grille, 150 Central Park, Giovannis, main dinging room, johnny Rockets, central park cafe and the windjammer... If you like Chops Grille book in advance if you want a certain time as it's very popular. I did give feed back to management, we went twice and the second time the service was not up to standard but purely because there were not enough staff on duty. Also, in 150 restaurant they do 'hard sell' which was very off putting. Giving us books to read, decanter to feel, trying to flog us an expensive drink - not for us, we just wanted to eat! There are plenty of options where to eat, drink, get snacks, and we loved the complimentary outlets - excellent touch. Drink prices I thought were very reasonable, in the UK hotel prices are much more. So it was happy days for us!

All the shows were amazing, not the usual hotel/cruise standard... They do have the best crew on this ship folks, so talented. The divers were past Olympians and well worth seeing. I thought the comedy show's were a huge success, and make sure before you sail you go online and book yourself in as it's so much easier.

Shopping on board was refreshing, affordable prices, and items that you actually would like to buy. The photo shop is so much fun, make sure you always have your photo taken by staff at every opportunity all over the ship - after all you don't have to buy them and you wont regret it on the last day. We bought the photo book, well we bough everything really... But I would recommend buying that as it's a more modern way of showing your lovely snaps!

On the second to last day we noticed there was a library, quite good too. Dazzles night club was discovered on the second week, although there seemed to be a lot of private parties in there. Loved the games room... On the first day of sailing you get an hours free on certain games, think it was 6pm. Keep an eye out. My partner did the zip line - loved it, we enjoyed the mini-golf and the bingo was great - nearly won the big price but so did 10 others. There is a free cruise up for grabs weekly and the slot machines in the casino pay out well... As one guy won a large amount.

Destinations: Haiti / Jamaica / Mexico / Bahamas / Charlotte Amalie / St.Marrten . We did our excursions through royal caribbean and most were just for a few hours. We did a speed boat in Haiti and loved every minute.

Overall, staff were wonderful, guest services surprisingly very good, ships just amazing, furnishings still in good order, lots to do, parades are fabulous, it's a party ship, it's a family ship, open till late, girls get dressed up, lots to win, discounts for repeat royal caribbean customers... Never felt the ship move, There's lot's to eat and it's always hot hot hot. Go on ...... Book yourself a week. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Large Balcony Deck 6

We cabin was an ocean view cabin on deck 14, mid ship with a large balcony. There was an over hang from above - deck 15 which some might say stops the sun from hitting your balcony. Also, with a large balcony you do not get anything more than standard table and two chairs. Our cabin was nice, modern and very clean. Our bed was large, comfy and linen to a good standard. Our layout was good, bed nearest to the patio door. We had three suit cases, and managed to fit them under the the bed. I managed to find a home for everything which was impressive as I did take everything but the kitchen sink!!! Bathroom was much improved, light and modern with a better shower enclosure. Whilst the towels were of a very good standard, I just wished the bath towels were bigger. Television was great, the information system was brilliant and you are able to see how busy the restaurants were. Some good T.V. shows, and I liked the morning show that was recorded the night before by the cruise director Amy and Zack. If you like a cabin on the higher decks as we do then I'd say book a cabin maybe on decks 8/9/10 as it's quicker to get about... The lifts are always busy. And don't worry about movement, we honestly never felt the ship move - I know that is always a key factor when choosing a cabin. If you book a cabin looking inwards, especially at the back of the ship where the sports area is (zip line etc) then the higher up you are the more you will be seen on your balcony.