Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by ljk3543

Oasis of the Seas
Member Name: ljk3543
Cruise Date: August 2012
Cabin Category: D7

Oasis of the Seas lived up to our expectations
My husband and I had been anxiously awaiting our sailing in August having had to cancel a previous scheduled sailing in January. We have sailed all the Freedom class ships along with others but I especially wanted to see if the Oasis really lived up to all the hype. It did! We both really loved it.

The entertainment was the best we have ever experienced on a ship. Hairspray was great and the comedians in the Comedy Club were hilarious. We loved the aqua show too! The only recommendation I can make is to be sure and book these before you board (there is no charge) to ensure you get the showtime you prefer.

Our cabin was just fine for two people. We had a balcony (D7) towards the back of the ship. Typically we stay in a D1 because they are usually in the middle of the ship, but on this ship we decided to stay toward the back since it is closer to the pools and central park. We did not use the main dining room at all. We had dinner at Chops Grille, Giovannis Table and the Solarium Bistro, three specialty restaurants, and they were all good and the service was excellent. We also ate at Johnny Rockets which was ok. The rest of the time we generally ate lunch and dinner at the Windjammer Cafe. Having sailed on several other Royal Caribbean ships I have to say that the variety of food offered in this venue was more limited. On sea days it gets as crowded as embarkation day! Also, the crew has trouble keeping up with the demand as some food trays are empty, the bread is running low etc. Seating is also a problem. I guess this is to be expected on a ship of this size.

Crowding did not seem to be a problem and the only time we had a wait was for the elevators. Again, I think that is to be expected on this ship. My favorite part of the ship (we didn't see all of it) was the Boardwalk. It was hardly ever crowded there and a nice atmosphere. Overall, we both loved this ship and would love to cruise the Allure next year.

Publication Date: 09/11/12