Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by cruzlover64

Cruise Date: August 2012
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: 8D
See More About: Carnival Spirit Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Alaska is Awesome!
We also were NOT impressed with the dining room. Food was mediocre at best. One daughter and I both got one of our favorite desserts - creme brulee - mine was pretty good - my daughter's was scrambled eggs - yuck! Another night there was an apple dessert that I wanted to try - it said it came with vanilla ice cream - I'm still waiting for the ice cream :-( First time I've come home from a cruise a half a pound lighter than when I left - I guess that is a good thing. We had a fun morning when my father challenged my oldest to eat 10 whole grapefruits - she was successful and he paid her $20.

Our cabin steward was AWESOME. His name was Yuda - we called him Yuda Man :-)

Alaska - we LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it and my oldest after meeting the guys who took care of us zip lining (who by the way knew our names after about 5 minutes - unlike the dining staff) and the girl who drove us out to the Dog Sled Musher Camp - is now looking into going to Alaska next summer as a tour guide.

Not sure what the point of stopping in Victoria was - I would have rather more time in either Juneau or Ketchikan.

We too took advance of the Luggage Express (is this a new feature? are all cruiselines doing this? I don't recall this being offered before). What a terrific service - especially seeing I was able to check all bags under just me and didn't have to pay the $20 for each of my girls - I was able to check them in on my phone.

My mother after much searching found the quilting group and enjoyed meeting up with them.

While in Seattle we had a dinner at the Crab Pot - FANTASTIC and we went to the Chihuly exhibit - that was TERRIFIC.

End up with about 500 photos - making a vacation dvd for my parents. It really was terrific for my kids and I to get so much time with my parents.

All and all it was a terrific trip and I'd really like to go back one day.

Publication Date: 09/09/12