Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by cghouston: Good times on the Triumph

Good times on the Triumph

Sail Date: September 2012
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Galveston

Overview: We drove from home to Galveston the day of sailing. Arrived at the port around 2:00 and were in our cabin before 3:00. Both the embarkation and debarkation went very smoothly. The Galveston crew knew what they were doing. Overall the ship is clear and well maintained for it's age. The crew is one of the best. Every crew member I met throughout the cruise greeted me with a smile and hell-o. Jen the Cruise director was great (a lot of fun but not in your face). The Triumph has a great crew...

Cabin: We had the Grand Suite - very nice and clean - large bathroom with full size tub/shower. The vanity area is a nice plus - extra room to dress and hang stuff. The balcony was good - longer then most but not very wide. Still had 4 chairs and 2 tables - 4 could out sit on the balcony very nicely. Our room stewards were great and as always loved the towel animals each night.

Food: The buffet was not very good - a hit or miss on taste. The Deli and Chopsticks (off to More the side of buffet) were great - could not go wrong there. The dinning room food was a hit or miss as well. The prime rib was great, very tender. The 2 fish dishes I had were bad. One night I had the Crease salad and it was bland (so so), then 2 nights later since nothing else interested me, had the Crease salad again and this one was great - one of the best.. So, I never knew night from night how the dinner would go. The plus to the dinning room was the wait staff. Did a great job every night.

Closing: The Triumph offers people a nice 4 or 5 night getaway at a great price. People (especially fellow cruise critics) should keep this in mind when they book. If you fantastic everything, then Triumph is not the ship for you. Try the Magic or another cruse line. I knew what to expect (kept an open mind) and had a great 5 nights on a nice ship with great crew and fellow passengers. I would definitely sail on the Triumph again - makes for a great little getaway. Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>