Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by QAPQAP: Alaska - never again.

Norwegian Pearl 3
Member Since 2009
82 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Alaska - never again.

Sail Date: August 2012
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

Staff: We found the Pearl's staff to be exceptional good.

Room: The veranda room was smaller than some, but comfortable, as was the bed. The room temperature was always perfect since we that the controls.

Food: The buffet food was excellent (better than Celebrity or Princess), but the main dinning rooms had strange menu selections, ie meatloaf. A small lobster tail was offered with fish the first night and never again. Shrimp was seldom seen as well. I don't know about others, but I don't go on a cruise to eat meatloaf and pot roast.

Entertainment: Best shows on any ship. The Franie Valie revival was great as was Jeff the magician/comedian. The rock music played poolside was not appropriated for the predominately older crowd on board.

Smoking: We are smokers and were surprised that the open deck beyond the buffet did not allow smoking. How health conscious non-smokers can complain about cigarette smoke while they inhale BBQ smoke and engine More exhaust (proven carcinogens)always amazes me.

Excursions: The port excursions offer the the ship were overpriced. We went to Mendenhall glacier through a tour booked in town and saved about $75.00 for the two of us. We would have enjoyed a seaplane tour, but not for $400.00 each.

My husband states that if you have to wear shoes you are too far North. Now I agree. Our end of August Alaska cruise was too cold for us. Norwegian Peal had a really small pool and now I know why. Less

Published 09/09/12

82 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X