“DISAPPOINTED AT FIRST”

Member Since 2011
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We left port in the middle of a hurricane! Also missed the Bahama stop because of this. I felt we should have stopped on the way back but never happened! Last year we were on the Allure and were really let down by the size of this ship! The worst was the food! In no way was it even close to the Allure. Not enough choices and too mant repeats!The quality was also poor. As far as the upkeep it needs work. The carpet in the elevators is well worn, glass was shattered and in the main dining room a window was broken also. When I was on the Allure the staff was constantly wiping things down. Also at dinner no one was made to sanitize before entering the dining room. Our cabin was NOISEY!!!! We could hear every noise our neighbors made. The running in the halls, not a restful time. I feel that passengers with children should all be put in a separate area. Also we had a family sitting behind us at every meal, screaming crying,etc. We never could even hold a conversation. Put all kids in the same dining room!!!! Over all I can't say it was a terrible cruise. The staff was WONDERFUL, but it was not the Allure. Do not go on the bigger ships first! You will be disappointed. We were actually bored at night,we walked the Promenade in 10 minutes. Not enough shops, or things to do. But once again, just do not have high expectations and have a good time!
Freedom of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

E17306
Cabin size was fine! Closet was ample, balcony was nice. The glass on the balcony was never wiped down the whole time we were there. My cabin was too NOISEY!!!! We never got a bit of sleep until late at night. We could hear everything in the next cabin. Once again I feel familes with children should be put in a separate area,especially at dinner.

We were put on a bus and it was very hard to see the sights. We stopped for an hour to shop, which was ok. Then we went to Orient Beach for the afternoon. We were given a coin for lunch. We only had a choice of two items! I had the chicken which was too dry to swallow! No drink was offered as part of lunch. This was not a cheap tour and feel we should have been given a better lunch! The beach accommodations were just ok,$4.00 for an umbrella.
Read 3,325 St. Maarten Reviews
Published 09/09/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Freedom of the Seas Review
Freedom of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?